Chapter 58: Suprises

After he'd thoroughly re-acquainted himself with Casey's lips, Seb finally pulled away, listening to her rapid breathing.

"Do you have to be at work tomorrow?" he asked, untangling his hand from her hair and lacing their fingers together instead as he lay on his back next to her.

"Day off." she replied, somewhat breathlessly.

Seb grinned in the dark, "Good."

"When are you flying out?" she asked, pulling her hand free again.

"Yet to be determined." he replied, turning his head to face her. He felt her fingers touch down on his jaw, making their way from his ear down to his chin.

"That sounds amazingly vague." Casey mumbled as she moved in closer to his side and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I made them cancel my flight as soon as I saw you on Friday." he said, smiling sheepishly in the dark, "Wasn't going to leave the country without either fixing things or kidnapping you."

"Really? Kidnapping. Sounds exciting..."

"We can still role-play it if you want..."

Casey sniggered and slapped his chest lightly, before adding, "...Maybe later."

She felt him sigh contentedly as she nuzzled his neck, gently nipping the sensitive skin there.

"If you want absolutely no sleep then by all means keep doing that." he murmured huskily. She knew that tone.

"I'm already at maximum restraint capacity here." he added.

Truth be told Casey was beyond exhausted by that point, after an arduous evening and not a lot of sleep the night before, due to... certain events.

She smirked and kissed his neck instead, "Goodnight Seb."

He pressed his lips against her forehead and they both fell back to sleep.

---

Casey stirred the next morning as she felt Sebastian disappear from her side and sit up. She prised her eyes open to find him smiling down at her.

"Stop." she said, covering her face with her hands.

He laughed quietly and smoothed her hair back from her face, "Get up beautiful, we have shit to do today."

Casey peered at him curiously as he stood up and stretched. Aside from being momentarily distracted by the muscles flexing across his back, she wondered what 'shit' entailed on this particular occasion.

He sauntered out of the room and disappeared down the hallway. Casey quickly scrambled out of the bed and followed him, not before looking around the room now that she was seeing it in daylight. It wasn't as spectacular as the first room, the one he'd put her in to sleep, but it was still amazingly serene.

"Seb?" she called, making her way down the stairs and through the lounge towards the kitchen. She found him right where she expected him, half-buried behind the refrigerator door.

"Yuh?" he replied, knocking the door closed with his hip as he carried a carton of eggs and a handful of tomatoes over to the counter. He was still sans shirt, with the only cover coming from a pair of baggy track pants that hung tantalizingly low off his hips.

"I need to get clothes today, preferably ones that aren't yours." she said, walking over to him and running her fingers down his shoulder blades as he cracked eggs over a pan.

"We'll get all that, don't worry." he replied casually, twisting around to kiss her gently.

She hugged her arms around his middle and leaned her cheek against his back. It was only just starting to sink in that she had her lovable, mischievous German back and that she could do as she pleased with him. But in some ways it also already felt like the last 2 months had never even happened. How things can change in 24 hours.