[42.] The Ending.

Samantha's P.O.V

Shit!

Shit!

Shit!

"Liam please wait!" I practically sprint towards him. 

He just keeps on walking. 

Dammit Davis! Why did I even agree to go to dinner with Alex? Why did I even let him convince me to stay? Why did I even let him touch me? Why? If I had just gone back home to Liam and not let him use the fact that he's my boss to control my actions and let me work extra hours; this wouldn't have happened. I'd be at home right now binge watching Game of Thrones in my onesie with a bunch of junk food sprawled out on the sofa while Liam is fast asleep on my lap.

Now that would have been great. But nooo... I chose to ruin all that by having dinner in a very romantic restaurant with the one person Liam despises. Loathes! 

Way to go Sammy! 

"Liam for God's sake can you just let me explain." I grab his arm from behind when I finally catch up with him.

He turns around and the instant his eyes met mine I took a step back. Not because of the close proximity but rather because of the expression on his face and the anger in his eyes. He was pissed and normally I wouldn't be shocked because he doesn't like Alex and that's what I always assume it is reason he gets upset if I have to be alone with him but tonight there was something... different.

"What? What?" 

"Liam it is not what it looks like okay? He told me I..." he cuts me off.

"Oh wow... nice way to start your explanation. Tell me Samantha, how will you explain you having dinner with your ex in a fucking restaurant like that while he holds your hand and you smile and laugh while he's at it huh? Let me hear it!"

"I wasn't smiling neither was I laughing Liam." Why would he think that?

Maybe it's because you kinda did laugh at Alex when he touched your hand instead of moving yours away from his claws.

ohh...

"Is it? My bad. What were you doing then when he oh so gently graced your hand with his sweet touch then? Just methodically baring your teeth as your mouth makes giggling sounds right." he says sarcastically.

"Liam he told me he needed me for work so I had to." I explained.

"And you wanted to do that in a romantic restaurant. That makes a lot of sense." 

Sarcasm. Seriously Liam?

"Listen Liam, I was packing my things when he came into my office saying he needs he for some work. Obviously I protested against it but he used the fact that he's my boss so I had to oblige. I didn't want to come to dinner and you should trust me on that. I didn't even see the point in it but it's not like I can have a say because he's a controlling asshole but he still is my boss. When we got there, he starts talking about the same old bullshit about what he did to me and starts apologizing. that was when he touched my hand. When I was laughing, it wasn't about me enjoying what he was doing. I was laughing because he still thinks I am going to take him back. He still thinks he has a shot with me."

"And does he?" he asked me as he looked me straight in the eye.

"Of course not. Liam you have to believe that you're the only person that I want and that's exactly how it's going to stay." 

I walked closer towards him and he took a step back.

That. Hurt. 

It felt like a thousand steel blades piercing my heart.

"Liam? What are you doing?" I asked him as I tried to walk even closer to him thinking maybe I imagined all of it. Maybe I'm just tired and seeing clearly. There's no way.

Liam continues to move away from me with every step I take towards him.

"No. Samantha I can't." he says.

"You can't what Liam?" my voice starts cracking.

"You think that explanation will cut it and everything will be fine. That's not how it works. That is not how relationships work. Having any kind of relation with an ex is not okay. The two of you shared a past and you can never erase that. It will always be there. Always. And you want me to understand that because he's your boss? That's it right. If I choose to that would mean that I would have to understand him calling you in the middle of night right? Him taking you out to these fancy restaurants with the excuse that it is work related? What's next? The two of you will go on business trips to the Bahamas?"

"Liam that's not what's going to happen okay? It..." he cuts me off.

"How do you know!" He yells.

I took a step back.

"You just don't get it do you? I love you. I want to have all of you. All. Of. You. And right now it feels like I have just half of you. Yes you may love me but are you sure you love me enough to let him go. You keep letting him control you with a lame excuse every single time and I don't think it's because you don't want to lose your job. I think it's because you like the fact that you have him in the palm of your hands and you still want to have him there if you soon feel like you and I aren't working out and I don't want to be just your starter up while you have your hidden card. I want to be it for you. So until you decide what it is you want, don't come anywhere near me."

"Liam please... don't do this again." I start crying frantically, begging him to stay.

"No... I love all of you with every bit of me and you love me with just half of you and I deserve more." 

He moves my arms away from him because I was holding on to him like my life depending on it and he left me. 

"Fine! Leave! That's all you know anyway! See if I care!" I screamed as he kept walking away not once turning back.

"Leave!"

***********************************************************************************************