CHAPTER 3: A Late Night Visit

As soon as Chaeyoung walks into her house, she's met with her sister Alice watching a movie on Netflix. "어 왔구나! (Oh, you're home!)" She hits pause and gets up to hug her sister. "I thought you would spend a little longer outside with um..." Alice strokes her chin, looking up and away as if in thought when in fact, she hadn't forgotten your name at all.

"Y/N," Alice smirks at the immediate answer she received. "You knew I was outside?"

"For about five minutes. The window was open, I heard you giggling and recognised her voice. I didn't want to pry too much so I closed the window and put on a movie." Chaeyoung looks away, trying to hide her smile. Her sister hasn't seen her like this in a long time. For a while, Alice was living in Canberra studying to become a lawyer, and during that time her baby sister had grown up so much that she could barely keep up. Unfortunately, it was also during one of the hardest times in Chaeyoung's life and Alice could only wish to have been there for her.

"Oh my gosh..." Chaeyoung covers her face with her hands. "Okay. I think I'm going to head upstairs to wash up." As soon as she's done with her twenty-minute karaoke session in the shower, she lays on her bed, scrolling on her phone as any other millennial probably would be doing too. She looks at the pictures she took of Y/N earlier in the day and thinks about her. The way her eyes crinkle slightly and how she would clutch her stomach when she laughs. Her beautiful long hair flowing in the wind along with the flowers they walked past. How much she immerses herself in books and her craft. How her eyes light up when she captures a beautiful memory. The way she tripped over her own words when she was with her. The fluttery feeling she gives her when they look each other in the eye. She decides she wants to talk to her. 'Is forty-minutes too soon to reach out to her? Whatever. I'm gonna do it.'

Meanwhile, over at Y/N's apartment, she had just opened up a bag of caramel popcorn and settled into her bed to watch a rom-com on Netflix since Jisoo could no longer host a movie night at her place. Looking at her phone every now and then, smiling at her new wallpaper; it's a picture she took of the cafe's interior; you know, those typical Tumblr posts you would find with an angsty quote to match; except this one was with Chaeyoung in the very back behind the counter making coffee. It's subtle enough that people won't question it, but not subtle enough that someone like Lisa or Jennie wouldn't be able to see why this photograph was chosen.'I've hardly known this girl for like two weeks and I'm already this whipped.' The movie starts; you had decided to watch Definitely, Maybe.

"Oh, come on! April is clearly the right girl for you! What are you doing?!"

You throw a few pieces of popcorn at your laptop in frustration - you haven't watched this movie in a little while, but each time you do, the amount of time it takes for Ryan Reynold's character to get with the right person for him is baffling to you. You look at the popcorn that has now scattered itself on your bed and pick it back up. 'Y/N, you do not have the time to be cleaning this up later.' You throw the popcorn up into the air and attempt to catch them in your mouth, '3 out of 5, that's actually pretty damn good!' Your own little victory dance is interrupted by your phone's text tone going off. You check your notifications to see it's a number your phone doesn't recognise and decide to unlock it straight away in-case it's important.

-FROM- Unknown: Hey Y/N, guess who?
You think about it for a moment. You hope it's Rosé but she isn't the only new person you've given your phone number to recently. 'Except, I have everyone else's phone number. It's got to be her, right?' You're about to type something in response until you get another message.

-FROM- Unknown: It's your favourite type of champagne~
You laugh, 'She remembers that little side comment I made.'

-TO- Rosé Park: My favourite type of wine can text?! :o
Chaeyoung just stares at her phone and laughs to herself in disbelief; did you really just try to make that joke?