CHAPTER 12: [M] Farewell For Now

It's been about two weeks since your breathtaking day of confession and your adorable bike-ride-picnic date with Chaeyoung; where you shared chocolate dipped strawberries, egg salad, sandwiches, fruit salad, fresh coconut juice, and one of those straight-from-the-store creme brûlées that you attempted to eat without making a mess.

You made a mess, though.

But - it was kind of a romantic mess. Romantic because it ended up on Chaeyoung's cheek which then prompted you to wipe it off for her using a napkin. That then concluded in you both staring into each other's eyes for a little while with the sounds of little kids playing around and wind rustling the leaves on the trees above you, and you both sharing a kiss that communicated so much love in it that Chaeyoung started to become a little teary. "I really love you, Y/N/N."

In the past week you've been busy preparing for your trip overseas for work; you leave in about three days. The schedule has been rearranged because one of the crucial crew member's newborn baby girl is meant to be due around the original time of bulk filming in Asia. This means you'll be away for half of April and about half of May. You'll be spending about two weeks in Auckland, New Zealand. Since you've been busy preparing for your trip, packing up all the little things you need to bring with you for work, Chaeyoung's just been chilling around at your place, keeping you company when she doesn't have work since you won't be physically seeing each other for over a month.

You've been bent over on the floor in your production room for the past half an hour, taking apart an old computer so that you can take the 2TB drive from it to use on your trip. Man, I've really got to put aside a day to buy things that I need for work. I'm running out of storage space.

"Baby... Stop that."

"Stop what?" You're currently in a baggy crop top and booty shorts that hug you just right. Each time you pull something apart from the computer, you have to be careful to not damage anything inside, so because of this, you need to be really skilful with your hands. Chaeyoung has been standing at the door frame to your room staring at your hands for the past ten minutes before her eyes started to drift towards your butt.

"Everything. Just stop. You're... You're turning me on..." the last sentence was more of a whisper than the rest. You sit up in a kneeling position, arms dangling between your thighs as you look up at your beloved.

"Huh?"

"I'm... never mind. It's almost six, are you hungry?"

You cock your eyebrow up, questioning your girlfriend for a moment. "I could've sworn I heard you say you were turn-"

"Yes, okay. Yes, I got turned on just... watching you. Wow. Those shorts hug you just right. And your hands... ANYWAY. Dinner. I was thinking we should invite the girls over."

You laugh a little at how adorable Chaeyoung is. "Aww... Don't be shy, baby." You go up and press her up against the doorframe. "Though, you're one to talk. Walking around with this spaghetti strap tank top on. I love seeing you in spaghetti straps..." Chaeyoung's breathing begins to quicken when you lean in closer to her. You start to kiss her softly, hands holding onto her shoulders to move her to the wall instead, then allowing your hands to slowly rub her sides as you continue to teasingly kiss each other, her hands now in your hair.

Grumble.

"Mmm... Baby, was that your stomach?"

"Mhm." You both start laughing into your kiss, hearing your stomach grumble one more time. "I'm not sure if I'm hungry for food or just hungry for you, Rosie."

"You haven't eaten much today, Y/N/N," Chaeyoung pulls away from you, eyeing you up and down, biting her lower lip. "God, as badly as I want to rip those shorts off of you, I want you to keep eating regularly. Come on, we should make dinner. Wanna invite the girls?"