CHAPTER 14: May 14th

May 14th: Yellow Day / Rose Day
In Korea, on Yellow Day, couples dress in yellow and give each other roses.

It's currently May 13; Chaeyoung's second full day back in South Korea. Yesterday, after having your second round of breakfast with Christian, the two of you spent most of your time walking around and relaxing, deciding to go to Lotte World later in the day to see everything light up at night. All the food stalls were raided, a reasonably sized soft toy was won, rides were enjoyed, kisses were shared, hands were held, loving gazes were caught. It was a wonderful evening and you couldn't have thought of a better person to spend it with and to spoil.

You're currently strolling with her through the streets of Seodaemun-gu, searching for the cafe Chaeyoung's friend wanted to meet you both at. "What's it called again, Sunshine?"

Browsing through her chat history, she keeps a keen eye out for the name. "Umm... Mad Cafe. It should be around here somewhere," tucking her phone away into her bag, she looks around at your surroundings. A number of couples in matching outfits, laughing and smiling, talking about where they want to go for lunch. A few places have potted flowers and plants out front, blooming radiantly in Seoul's spring season. She continues to glance around in circles, making you chuckle at her softly, until she sees it. "Oh! There it is!" Grabbing onto your hand, she hastily pulls you toward the cafe. Upon coming closer to the cafe, she sees her friend through the window, sitting with her back toward the wall, sipping on what she assumes is an iced americano. She jumps up and lets go of your hand to clap out of excitement. She runs inside and you can see through the window how happy they are to see each other again. You continue your walk into the cafe and approach the two hugging ladies in your presence.

The friend's attention falls on you, causing her to pull away from Chaeyoung. She beams at you, smile just as wide as when she saw Chaeyoung enter. "You must be Y/N! I've heard so much about you." She quickly pulls you into a hug as well before sitting down with Chaeyoung in front of her. Pulling out the seat beside Chaeyoung, you take your coat off and rest it on the back of your seat.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"Oh, right, before I forget. 자기 (Babe), this is my friend Jihyo. We actually became friends online a few years ago. She came to visit Sydney last year and we met up." Your lunch continues on with the two of them catching up and you and Jihyo getting to know one another. Despite only spending a few days together in person, they're really close; and you love that. The closer the two of you become, the more she's open to embarrassing Chaeyoung in front of you. Like that one time she got spammed by Chaeyoung about this really cute girl that frequently visits the cafe that she works at. You didn't realise you had left such an initial impression that you decide to add to the teasing, resulting in Chaeyoung smacking you gently on the arm that is closest to her.

"Teasing aside, I don't think I've ever told you about my first impression of you." Chaeyoung's eyes quickly look over to you, Jihyo's glowing in wonder. "Unless... Lisa told you already?"

Chaeyoung offers you a cute, coy smile. "She might have... But tell me your side."

"Well..." You begin, but Chaeyoung's hand immediately reaches out to yours and you begin to blush at the contact. Both Chaeyoung and Jihyo giggle at your sudden shyness. "You looked pretty grumpy, to be honest. I was kind of worried about approaching you at the counter to order that night," Chaeyoung takes a sip from her drink, remembering back to that Saturday night. It was when a friend of Joy's had come into the cafe to get a drink to takeaway before you and the girls came in. "I felt bad for you. Having to work and put on a happy face for customers must be tiring on top of whatever you had going on."