CHAPTER 17: Parental Visit

"Dad?"

It's safe to say surprised is an understatement. You hadn't seen your father since your first year of university – before you had moved out into your own apartment with your mother's financial support. "How've you been, kiddo? Who's this with you?"

"Yeah, uh..." You mumble off as you begin to unlock your door with Chaeyoung a few steps behind you with her own suitcase with her. "I've been good. Uh... This is Roseanne, she's staying here for a bit while her house gets fumigated."

"Hi! It's nice to meet you, sir." Your father nods approvingly at Chaeyoung's choice of address and thanks her for letting him in before herself.
He steps in through the door with his suitcase, placing it on the side before giving you a quick hug. Your eyebrows are still knitted together as you slowly return the hug being given to you.

"Ah, it's been too long. I love what you've done with your apartment, Y/N."

"Umm... Thank you?" Moving aside, you close the door behind Chaeyoung, pulling your father's suitcase into the living room with you. "What are you doing here?"

"Y/N/N, I'm just gonna go put my bag away and get some groceries down the street." She shares a quick look with you, letting you know she'll just be one call away if you needed her. This is something you gotta do on your own. She'll become acquainted with him after the shock passes you.

You nod curtly at her, lots of thoughts still rampaging through your mind. "You're... What are you doing here?"

"I'm here on business. I thought staying with you would be more fun than staying at a hotel."

"A little heads up would have been nice..."

"Hey, come on. I'm your dad—"

You cut him off. "I have a room that, I guess, you can stay in." He's a little taken back at your attitude but follows you to your music room nonetheless.

++

"Chaeyoung-ah, come here." It's the next morning. You originally planned on having some alone time with Chaeyoung and lounge around the apartment freely and share a good number kisses here and there, but your father's surprise visit had ruined all of that; nevertheless, you've still got to try and make the most of it. He's still asleep at the moment so you both are just getting ready for breakfast. "어떼? (How does this taste?)" You bring a fork up to her mouth, you've just made a batch of fresh cream-filled crepes for the first time in a long time and aren't sure if they're up to scratch.

Taking a bite, she grimaced as she chews. Your face falls at her reaction, you've failed. Then she starts to laugh gently and give your cheek a kiss. "Baby, don't worry, I'm kidding. They taste great." She cuts another piece for herself and then another for you. You huff out at her and she kisses the pout away. Getting a little lost in the moment, you forget your father is within the same vicinity as the two of you until you hear feet shuffling in the hallway. Quickly pulling away and clearing your throats, you set yourselves down on the kitchen island and eat across from each other.

"Good morning, girls."

"Good morning!"
"Morning."

Chaeyoung glances at you, internally sighing at the way you're acting. She knows you don't have the greatest history with him but it had been a good number of years and you've grown up a lot since then. Though, the two of you having to keep your hands off of each other is going to be a little bit of a downer since your family doesn't know you're bi let alone in a serious relationship. Part of you is too scared to tell and another part doesn't care about him enough to tell him. As far as he's aware, you're both just good friends.