CHAPTER 7: God's Tests of Fate

"What?! How did you do that?"

"I told you, babe, you defeating me was one hell of a good joke."

You huff out in defeat. Chaeyoung and you were out on your date at the bowling alley. You are destroying her, as originally planned, but now you feel like you're being hustled. You've both used the first game as a warm-up round, now the real competition begins. Was there a prize? Not really; unless you count bragging rights and the look on the other person's face when they lose prize enough. Which you both did. While she played it off so that she was no good and even asked you for some advice to put the cherry on top of her trick, you were not expecting her to be beating you right now. It's a Sunday morning, around 11:30 AM, right before lunchtime. There are a fair few families around, some couples, and groups of friends; everyone periodically yelling and jumping about in joy or groaning and letting out a 'what?!' when not enough pins get knocked over with the sounds of the arcade games going off in the background. Chaeyoung lands another strike, making this one her third in a row, and making your mouth fall open. You're now losing by about 23 points. If she lands another strike, you're done for; but if you get another two consecutive strikes? You're golden.

"Yes! Your turn, babe."

"Pfft. Alright, last bowl. Give me a kiss for good luck?"

"Ha! I don't think so. If anything, that'll just put my game off, and I wanna win really badly." You pick up your ball and focus on the arrows on the lane. Breathing in, breathing out, one step in front of the other until you throw the ball.

"Strike!" you look over to Chaeyoung, who's sitting down on the small couch watching you carefully. 'Alright, just one more strike.' Strutting back over to her, you give her a smirk. "One more and you're done for," pausing for a moment, you let out a big smile. "That rhymed!" you start laughing to yourself. Really wanting to win, Chaeyoung thinks of an idea to try and throw you out of your groove. She quickly grabs you and gently pushes you down to the couch before you grab your ball and straddles your lap, kissing you like there's no tomorrow. Your hands immediately find their way to her hips, but before you can really get into it, she removes herself from you and takes a sip of her water innocently, acting as if she didn't just do something very off-brand for an 'innocent church girl'. You're absolutely shocked, staring at her in disbelief, your hands now empty and grasping nothing but thin air. "What happened to not wanting to put your game off?"

"If it might put my game off, I figured it'd definitely put your game off." she gives you a sly smirk, believing her plan will work wonders since you're still panting a little bit from what was hardly a saucy four-second kiss. You get back up onto your feet, quickly shaking off the feelings Chaeyoung just sent right through you and line yourself up to take the shot.

++

You both find yourselves in a fusion Korean-Chinese restaurant now. Luckily for you both, you didn't have to wait in line. You happened to be old friends with one of the chefs and she helped you both get a table right off the bat. Chaeyoung is sitting across from you, pouting from the fact that you beat her by two points. Your plan to have her kiss you had worked, very subtly. You knew it would throw her off, but to get her to believe it threw you off even more so than it actually did to lower her defences? Easy-peasy. 'Absolutely, freaking adorable.' you think to yourself as your stare lingers on her features, watching the corners of her mouth move as she speaks, how she smiles and makes light conversation to encourage the seemingly young and shy waitress. You take a quick picture of her, before putting your camera down to continue admiring the precious masterpiece that is currently sitting in front of you. "You okay with me posting it to Insta later?"