CHAPTER 11: Too Soon? Not At All.

After a whole day of shooting, the set wraps up. This shoot wasn't exactly a long one, it was just for a short, well-funded documentary that will premiere at the Milano Film Festival based in Milan in the coming year. If you get lucky, you might just be able to score a free flight out there for the premiere. You've just missed out on the peak-hour traffic on the way home from work because you finished up around 8 PM. Feeling a little peckish, you call up your girlfriend to see whether or not she'd had dinner yet. But knowing her, even if she had already, she definitely would not mind eating again; especially if it were with you. Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Hi, you've reached Roseanne. I'm not able to come to the phone right now. Please leave me a message after the beep and I'll get back to you. Or, you know, send me a text. I'll check that much sooner. You laugh lightly at the sentiment. You decide to play around and leave her a voicemail anyway, and then attempt to call her again in a few minutes.

Passing through the bustling city streets of Sydney's CBD, you're occasionally hit with the smells of various foods and the fumes coming from cars, not to mention the constant maze that you need to navigate through because of the never-ending roadwork that seems to be forever ongoing. Seriously, it's been years. Incoming call from Chipmunk Cheeks.

"Hey, Sunshine!"

"자기야! (Babe!) Sorry I missed your call before. How was work?" Chaeyoung's voice rings through the speakers in your car as you close the two open windows.

"It was good. I was talking to the producer about this project he wants me to come on board with a little later in the year. I was going to tell you about it yesterday but I wanted to wait for it to be confirmed. Are you free a little later?" You have a look at the ETA your GPS is showing, letting you know that you'll probably be home in a little over half an hour or so. Sure, it isn't peak hour traffic, but it's definitely not bare bones.

"Yeah, I'm free all night. Have you had dinner? We should get some food if you haven't yet."

"You read my mind. I'll pick up some food, you can let yourself into my place and wait there for a bit. I'll be there in about forty-five or so minutes?"

"Sounds perfect. I can't wait to see you." A warm smile creeps its' way onto your face and your heartbeat starts to become a little more rapid at the mere sound of her saying those things to you. God, I'm so whipped for this girl. You're about to tell her you love her but stop yourself yet again.

While you make a pit-stop at your favourite Korean fried chicken place, Chaeyoung gets her things ready to make her way back over to your apartment. Not bothering with getting changed, she just grabs a slightly oversized hoodie and throws it onto herself. She checks out her reflection in the mirror, thinking about whether or not she wanted to put some light make-up on before leaving the house. Reaching over to her BB cushion, she suddenly decides against it. There's no need for it, after all. Making her way downstairs, she says bye to Clare and Alice, letting them know she's heading over to your apartment for a little bit.

"오늘밤 집에 있을 거니? (Will you be home tonight?)"

"어쩌면요. 내가 알려줄게, 엄마. (Probably. I'll let you know, mum.)" Chaeyoung hugs them both goodbye, starting her walk towards your house with music playing into her ears with the Airpods you lent her. Getting to your apartment building, she makes her way up in the elevator, swinging back and forth on her feet before getting to your door, punching in the passcode. She sets her mini backpack down by the dining table and immediately makes her way to the kitchen to pour a glass of orange juice for herself. She's spent the night only twice, but she's already well on her way to knowing your apartment like the back of her hand. She collapses down onto your couch, turning the TV on to start binging Brooklyn Nine-Nine again. The episode where Jake and Captain Holt get threatened by a mafia boss, Figgis, and are sent away to witness protection in Florida for about six months comes on. Chaeyoung already knows how the situation will pan out, she's already watched the entire show; but it still gets to her every time and makes her heart wrench at the thought of being in either of their shoes. Being away from your significant other for so long and not being able to have any contact with them... It tugs the adorable little angel at her heartstrings.