CHAPTER 13: [M] Surprise!

"Dear God, please continue to look after Y/N while she is away overseas for work. Please keep her healthy and don't let her become too overworked. Continue to watch over her and guide her through this fruitful journey. We'd also like to pray for Hong Kong and the–"

It's the fourth Sunday that you've spent overseas and the atmosphere and service at church hasn't quite been the same without you. It's not bad, but it's definitely noticeable that you aren't there with your hyper energy jumping around the place. You'd taught Chaeyoung the basics of what you normally do since she volunteered herself to help out more while you're gone, so she's been managing a few things that you normally cover for a little while. Chaeyoung's father, Reverend Park, is currently wrapping up his sermon with a prayer; he's made sure to remember you each time, hoping you're doing okay.

His relationship with Chaeyoung has become much stronger since the confession and he's been trying really hard to wrap his head around the idea of his daughter dating a girl. So he asked if you were the first.

______
"Are you sure you're doing okay?"

'Yeah, yeah. I'm pretty sure it's just a mild sore throat. It should go away with a cup of tea and a good night's rest.'

"Then why are you still up?! Baby, isn't your call time tomorrow at 5 AM?"

'Oh... Yeah. Cough. I must've forgotten for a moment."

"How could you forget? Have you been getting enough sleep?"

'Chaeng, to be honest, I forgot cause I really want to keep talking to you. I can't during the day because I'm so busy and you've started working late most nights.'

"Y/N/N-"

'I'm not blaming you or anything, by the way. I just wanted to let you know why and it's because I miss you so much. Oh! My friend Christian wants to meet you. Says he's never seen me so "whipped and in love" before; something along those lines.'

"Hahaha, well, maybe we can FaceTime tomorrow or something when you've got time. When do you get a break from your schedule? It seems like you're doing more than you signed up for... I'm getting worried."

'I am, but it's really fine. I'm getting paid more. I've actually been helping the fight choreography scenes because they aren't familiar with how to 'fake a fight'. It's harder than it seems. They've even got me acting in a few scenes, so I guess my name will be appearing a fair few times in the credit roll.'

"Jeez, are you serious?! Baby, that sounds so cool! Gosh, you're like, a Swiss Army knife. You've got the ability to do everything, what the hell? How did I manage to land you?"

'I should really be the one asking that question, my love.'

"Gosh, stop that! I love you."

'I love you, too.' Knock, knock, knock. 'Oh, there's someone at the door. Hold on, babe.'

"Don't worry, baby. I should get going. I just wanted to stay up a little longer to talk to you but I can feel my eyes getting heavy."

'Okay, Sweetheart. Goodnight; remember that I love you so much. –Oh, Christian! What are you doing here?'

"I'll always remember. Goodnight, lover!"

'Hahaha, you did not just call me lover! Park Chaeyoung, you're adorable.'

"Well, it's because I miss you loving me. Over... and over... and over again."

'Whoa, Y/N! A bit of a freak in the sheets, are we? Is that Chaeyoung? Can I finally meet her?'
'NO! No, not now. She needs to get some rest and so do we. Alright, baby. I'll talk to you soon, okay? I love you.'