chapter 3

Cash's pov:
I walk out of the bathroom ready for the day. Today is Friday, that means one day till the barbeque. I walk downstairs and grab my backpack and phone and go out to the car cause maverick has been waiting for me for 15 minutes. "Finally!" Mav groans. I roll my eyes and laugh and get in the front seat. "So.. do you like dani?" He ask. "Umm.. why?" I ask confused as to why he wants to know. "I don't know I'm just wondering" he says with a shrug of his shoulders. "I don't know bro, I mean shes pretty, gorgeous even, but I just met her. I can't catch feelings for someone I just met, can i?" I say. "Sometimes you can" he says looking at me then back at the road. "I don't know yet, to he honest." I say. He nods before parking the car. I get out and see dani walking in the school building. Maybe I do like her.. I mean she is beautiful and I seem to not be able to take my eyes off her. She is just.. so amazing. I walk up the steps and into the school building. I take my stuff to my locker and then go to my first period which so happens to be with Dani. I smile to myself and set down in the back again. Dani then walks in and sets beside me but seems... upset. "Dani..?" I say. She looks at me and seems to be trying to hold back tears. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned. "Um... n-nothing, I'm fine. I promise" she says with a shaky voice. "No your not dani, what happened? Please tell me..." I say. "Nothing.. i don't want to talk about it." She says. I shut up and turn towards the front of the class just as the teacher walks in.

***
By the time its lunch time, dani still seems upset and on the verge of breaking down but I don't know why! She won't tell me. Or talk to me anymore. What happened? I walk into the cafeteria and see her setting by herself. I walk over to her but before I get there someone steps in front of me... my ex..Alyssa. "what do you want?" I ask sighing. "Where are you going?" She ask. "To set with my friend" I say pointing at dani. "Why? Shes useless and worthless and not worth your time.. but me, I'll make it worth your while" she says flirty. I sigh, "no Alyssa I don't like you anymore. Just.. stay out of my life. And dani's" I say. I move her aside and walk to dani. "Dani.." I say quietly. She sobbed quietly. "What happened? Please talk to me". "I can't cash.. she will hurt me if I talk to you" she says crying more. I wrap my arms around her. Who's she? "Who are you talking about. "No one.." she says. I sigh. "Dani, please tell me, I'll stop them from hurting you" I say. "It... Alyssa.. she told me to stay away from you, or she will hurt me. I don't want what happened to me at my old school to happen to me here.." she says. What happened at her old school? "Listen she can't hurt you, not on my watch, I'll protect you, I always will" I say. She nods. "What happened at your old school?" I ask. "I don't want to talk about it here" she says quietly. I nod. "Ok let's get to class" I say just as the bell rings.

***
I walk to the parking lot and see Maverick and dani talking. I smile. She seems happier right now. "Hey guys" I say smiling as I get over to them. "Hey" mav says. dani didnt say anything. "so dani is coming over to hang out with us" mav says. "cool" i say smiling. we get in the car, me being up front with my brother while dani is in the back seat looking out the window. 

***
We get to my house and we all get out and go in. As we walk through the door, maverick gets a phone call and takes it in his room. "Dani, tell me what happened at your old school" I say kindly. She nods. We set down on the couch in the living room. She takes in a shaky breath and the speaks. "I was bullied.. bad. Kids would push me into lockers, beat me up... mentally and physically. At one point some guy broke 2 of my ribs" she says with a tear rolling down her face. She continued "one day.. I was in the girls bathroom and-" she gets cut off by my annoying brother. "You all ready to play some video games?" He asked happily. Dani wipes her face and puts on a fake smile. "Heck yeah I am!" She says. He laughs. "What do y'all want to play?" He ask. "Black opes 3" dani says. My eyes go wide. "You know how to play black opes!?" I ask happily. "Yeah! I love that game" she says smiling. I smile at her adoringly. Shes amazing! We put the game in and play a round of zombies.

***
By the time we get done playing its eight o'clock and time for dani to go home. Her mom picked her up. Mav insisted to take her home but she said she wanted her mom to know where our house is for the barbeque. I  lay in bed half the night just thinking about dani and what happened to her. What happened in the girls bathroom? Did she... no.  She didn't.. did she? Before I started over thinking the whole thing I turned off all my lights and fell asleep.

------
Update!! I hope y'all liked this chapter. Please vote and comment and tell me what y'all think of this chapter and some suggestions about what I should write in more chapters 💞