Chapter 6: Silent Vows

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you been enjoying the story so far! Sorry for the wait, I'm back at work and have a bit of tight schedule, but I will try to keep updating regularly. So if I suddenly go a tad silent you know why (trust me if I could pay bills by writing fic it'd be living in Dubai 😂) Anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter, next time we'll have another small timeskip as I'll have to delve into the show's cannon soon. Thanks for reading! 😋

  © Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shonen Jump. Only the De la Rosa family, Hanabira and Maya belong to me.  

Chapter 6: Silent Vows

Even after Sosuke fell asleep she was hesitant to leave him. His breathing had gone was stable and he didn't seem to be having any nightmares so far.

'Just what was that zanpakuto of his?'

Sosuke was never one to fall into fear easily. In the time they spent together she'd seen him angry and at times sad, but never scared.

Their zanpakutos were meant to be a revelation of their soul, and likely to show up when they were older. This one didn't only appear sooner than expected but was also a thing of nightmares.

'I'll help you with it Sosuke. That's a promise.'

She slowly slid away from the sofa and went to look for blankets, when she came back Sosuke was waking up.

"Anna?"

"Shhh, I was just getting us blankets. Go back to sleep. I'll stay with you."

He nodded. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize."

She stayed by his side until he fell asleep again. Without waking him Anna carefully took his glasses and placed them on the table.

'Sweet dreams Sosuke.'

***
"I'm still speechless, but I promise you'll have your answer by tomorrow," Hanabira told him.

Ukitake smiled. "Thank you, truly Hana I believe you're the best suited to be the squads, new lieutenant."

"You flatter me too much. I just love the idea of helping more on the squad, and also having you around all day."

He always stopped and admire her cheeky smile whenever she teased him. It felt much more genuine than the ones she gave others.

Hanabira opened the door and chuckled. Ukitake noticed the kids were both asleep on the sofa. It brought back memories of falling asleep with all his siblings around.

"They did go to sleep early." Hanabira joked. "We shouldn't disturb them."

He nodded taking one last look at 'their' kids. They changed into pajamas quickly and prepared to go to sleep.

"What a day! And here I thought the most eventful thing today would be seeing our little one become a student. I'm really going to miss everyone who died today."

"I'll miss them very much as well. My only hope is that they're reborn into good lives as humans."

Hanabira chuckled as she slipped under the covers. "Have you ever wondered what our lives would be like as humans?"

"Sometimes. I think every single person born in Soul Society does that," he admitted. "It's likely all of us would still work together. Shunsui would still drink and be a ladies man, but perhaps it would be easier to keep him in check."

"Our pal needs someone to keep tabs on him. At least he only drinks sake, I don't want to know how he'd get other types of alcohol. What about Unohana? Would she be a doctor or a fighter?"