Chapter 28: Forever is Over

A/N: Hello everyone! At last, this is the last flashback chapter of Ruin. Next chapter will begin during the Soul Society Arc in canon. The song for this chapter can be recognized if you watched the CN cartoon Regular Show, I been binging it and thought this fit perfectly with Masaki and Kugo. Anyways I hope you all enjoy. Thanks for reading!🤗😋

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shonen Jump. (Anna, Jeanne, Hanabira, Hibiki and Mitsuru are the only characters I own)

Chapter 28: Forever is over

"We are nearing the date of our departure."

Sosuke words alarmed him. Kaname remained still in his chair, not knowing what to say.

"How long?" Gin asked.

"Twenty years maximum. Given the success of the 'White' hollow, I think we are ready to further perfect the arrancar."

"What about that whole other Hogyoku problem? Don't we need that?"

"Do not concern yourself with that Gin. I'll take care of that matter. However, I'd like to have your cooperation for another step of the plan."

"What do you need us to do Aizen-sama?"

"Assassinate the members of Central 46."

The rest of the meeting was short and less intense compared to the news Aizen delivered before. When he got back to the squad everything was at peace. Hisagi was at the office sleeping on his desk. Kaname put a blanket over him and let the boy sleep, he had been working himself to the bone lately with both the squad and the column for the Sereitei publications.

'I'll have to leave all the squad work done before we depart. It's not likely they'll assign a captain this soon.'

He continued working until the sun fell. Around the same time, Hisagi was waking up.

"Captain! Why didn't you wake me?! I have to hand in my column.'

"Shuuhei that was yesterday. You've already delivered it."

"But the reports-"

"I finished them. Shuuhei calm down it's all taken care of. Now please breathe before you fall over."

His lieutenant nodded and sat down with a sigh.

Kaname quickly picked up the phone and made a call to Squad 7.

"Komamura, it's me. I need a favor."

Kaname, Hisagi, Komamura, and his lieutenant, Iba, ended up at Makoto's tavern. He felt like a visit to his old friends was long overdue.

Once he made sure the others were deep in conversation, he went up to talk to Makoto.

"You certainly have gotten taller, and muscular. Good training huh?"

"I would say so, although if I'm honest with you I feel the same as I did when I left Rukon."

"That's understandable." He handed Kaname a cup of sake. "Emotions take more time to train and deal with."

"Yes. I don't think I'll ever be able to truly overcome what has happened, but I am truly grateful that you and Leia have helped me get better."

"Whenever you need us, my friend, we'll be here. Same goes for the rest of the group."

Kaname smiled. "When Sosuke takes the throne, I'm sure he'll want you both to live in the Soul Palace with us."

"I'll make us a victory cocktail."