Chapter 18: Heart's Appraisal

A/N: Hello everyone! I was going to upload yesterday but it was my birthday so I got caught up with the celebration, here's to hoping 21 ain't so bad. Anyways here's the chapter from now on Gin and Kaname will be major characters so expect our boys to make more appearances. Next chapter there'll be another timeskip. I hope you like and thanks for reading! 🤗😋

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna, the Fujiwara family, Makoto, and Leia belong to me.

Chapter 18: Heart's Appraisal

Sosuke wasn't one to give importance to ceremonies. Especially if he was suspicious as to why they were being held.

Lieutenant Hikimori had retired a week ago and as such the Squad 5 lieutenant position was empty. Out of the blue Captain Hirako suggested him, Sosuke froze for about half an hour before accepting.

He knew his captain was suspicious of him, it wasn't a secret. That's why he was surprised the man chose him as lieutenant. 'He probably wants to keep an eye on me.'

At last, the ceremony concluded and they gave him the armband of the lieutenants. The public cheered and came to congratulate him. He kept his worries secret, and to anyone else, it would seem he was incredibly happy.

"Seems like my beloved Lord is, at last, being recognized." Anna wrapped her arms around him and hugged him from the back.

"Not exactly what I was intending my lady, but I suppose it can't be helped. Thank you for being here by me."

"You know I wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides, there's another event we both have to look forward to."

Kakyo's wedding would take place in the afternoon. The pair had everything ready, all of the Fujiwara family would be attending, and while he was happy for his acquaintance, there was also worry.

Kakyo's husband to be was the head of the Tsunayashiro house, another one of the four great noble clans. That was enough to set off alarms in Sosuke's head. He'd subtly warned her that perhaps hostility was around, but Kakyo was optimistic and naive.

'"It's not like we can force her to change her mind."

"No, we cannot. Still, I fear for her safety."

"Perhaps Tokinada-sama won't be like Akito."

"Perhaps. How is Kaname holding up?"

"Leia and Makoto are dealing with him, he's still processing it. He just wants Kakyo to be happy."

"Let's pray that's what happens."

***
"I'm so happy you're here!" Kakyo said as she tightly hugged Anna.

"Kakyo, you're cutting off my blood flow!" She muttered.

"Sorry! Thanks for attending the ceremony."

"It's my honor darling. I'm sorry Kaname couldn't make it, you know how all the laws are."

"I miss him a lot. Still, he's here with me in spirit."

"Good. I wish you all the best. Please take care. If you ever want to talk you know where I am."

"Of course."

She hugged Kakyo once again. As they pulled away she noticed the groom walking over to greet her.

Tokinada Tsunayashiro was a tall man with strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes. He wasn't particularly threatening, but there was something of a dark aura surrounding him.

"Miss Anna it's nice to finally meet you in person," Tokinada spoke

"It's nice to meet you too Tokinada-Sama. Congratulations, I wish you both all the best."