Chapter 14: Compositon's Over

A/N: Hello everyone, hope you're enjoying the story! A warning in that there'll be time skip happening soon and that new characters will be showing up. Hope you like the chapter, vote, and comment if you do! Thanks for reading! 🤗😋

©Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna, Jeanne, the Fujiwara family and Cata belong to me.

Chapter 14: Composition's Over

"That's it! Swing it slowly but with force." Anna stood behind Kakyo and Kaname as they swung their wooden swords.

She had received a request from Kakyo to help her with training, given that she'd qualified for the academy. Kaname wasn't interested in joining the ranks but still took the lesson for self-defense.

"Very good. You're both doing really well. Let's take a short break."

The pair nodded and put down their swords. Kakyo retreated to the house to get water, leaving her and Kaname in the small garden.

"The sun feels awfully warm today."

Anna chuckled. "That's because of the excise. It makes the temperature go up. You ok?"

"I am fine, there's no need to worry." he sighed. "Anna, do you think Kakyo will do well in the academy? I know she's strong and dedicated, but I fear for her safety."

"I understand. My parents were wary of me being sent away to the academy, but if you work hard and pay attention it's a good experience. Kakyo-san will be taken care of. I'll look after her."

He smiled. "That's reassuring, I know she's in good hands."

"It's natural to care for the safety of your crush. She's a real sweetie."

Kaname blushed. "Is it that obvious?"

"Not really. You do seem happier when she's around, and you smile more."

"It was love at first sight, uh well in my case, at first meeting." Anna laughed at the expression and let him continue. "She saved me from being burned by a hollow, but got injured herself. Since then she insisted we be friends and has helped me survive here in Rukon. I didn't mean for it to happen, and I've tried to bury it but alas I'm unable."

"Why don't you tell her? Kakyo is likely to feel the same way."

"No. I am sure the feelings are not reciprocated. I don't want to put that burden on her, especially when she might find someone better in the Sereitei."

"The best partners are those who love you unconditionally. I won't say anything but give it some thought. Besides, I know she'll miss you plenty if you don't go with her." Anna stood up. "I need to get going. I'll see you both soon."

"Thank you for everything I hope to see you soon."

Just as she was about to leave when Kakyo arrived, the woman was carrying a vase with water. Anna helped her put the heavy thing on the table.

"I thought we had water left, but the icebox was empty. There was a line in the well."

"I'll bring you provisions next time."

"Thanks Anna, you've already done so much for us. I don't know how to repay you."

"Don't worry about it, I'm happy to help!"

"You sound like Hanabira-san. She said the same thing as she saved me from a hollow when I first arrived here." Kakyo said nostalgically. "Take good care of her son. If her friends miss her that much I can only imagine how he's is feeling."