Chapter 20: At the Halfway Point

A/N: Hello my dear readers! I'm so very sorry for the wait as we have reached the halfway point of our story and if fate allows it I will try to finish this fic before or in July, afterward Road to Redemption will be continued. I also took a bit to write this chapter because if there's something that slows me down more than a fight scene it's a sex scene. Yes, this chapter has a sex scene so if you're averse to that type of material I advise you to skip it, if not I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading! 🤗😋

Chapter 20: At the Halfway point

The blinding purple glow of the Hogyoku made it impossible to see. Once the light dissipated Sosuke could finally gaze at the results of his work.

The Vasto Lorde didn't change much, they looked more human now. The others were vastly different from the original form.

"I say Grimmjow got cute." Jeanne joked.

Grimmjow still kept his dark blue eyes, but the rest of his panter-like qualities had disappeared, being replaced by a human yet dangerous look. His fraccion were also unrecognizable after having the Hogyoku used on them.

"This place is getting crowded, if we keep gaining allies then we'll have to move." Tesla suggested. "What do you think Lord Aizen?"

"You're right Tesla-kun, it seems we'll have to expand our territory soon."

"Are we gonna kill Barragan?" Grimmjow grinned, exited at the prospect of a fight.

"Not for now Grimmjow-kun. The Hogyoku is not at full power, there are other tests I must conduct in order for us to attack. In the meantime you may all do as you please, and also find more recruits."

After the meeting concluded he left to find Anna, but she was not there.

"Cata, where is Anna?"

"She sensed a Vasto Lorde nearby." The ragdoll walked towards Sosuke with a file. "Here are the power levels of our current recruits. When we meet your quota you may assign them numbers."

"Thank you Cata. You've been a great help to us."

"It's the least I can do Lord Aizen." she bowed. "Now, about the other matter you mentioned I believe we'll need Jeanne's assistance."

***
The cold air was harsh against her skin. After an hour of walking she finally found the place she was looking for. It was a white tree, almost like a thorn bush without leaves. Inside she could see the Vasto Lorde.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Anna called out.

The hollow crawled out of his tree, he was completely pale with a patch of black hair and a mask that covered his face entirely, only his green eyes were distinguishable.

"Sorry to bother you, I thought you were wounded." she apologized.

"What's a shinigami doing here? Have you come to kill me?"

Anna shook her head. "Not at all. You see I'm not a normal shinigami, I work with someone who's trying to change the shinigami world. He's looking for warriors, and since you seem like a strong fellow I thought you would like to join us."

What would I gain from going with you?"

"You could have your senses back, all of them. You'd also be infinitely more powerful, even surpassing your Vasto Lorde state. What do you say?"

"I'm interested. What shall I call you?"

"My name is Anna Maria de la Rosa. You may call me Anna for short. What about you? Do you have a name?"