Chapter 16: Dying Light

A/N: Greetings everyone! I apologize in advance because after this most of you will want to smack me 🤣 Please get your tissues ready because I cried while writing this and now you're likely to do so as well. But in all seriousness, I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Next chapter there'll be a small timeskip, so just a heads up. Hope you like! Thanks for reading! 🤗😋

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna and The Fujiwara family belong to me.

Chapter 16: Dying Light

For a human, 9 months was a long amount of time, for her it went by in the blink of an eye.

"Let's see... What about Asami?" Anna suggested. "It fits both a boy and a girl, should the kid be genderfluid."

The kids had the day off and were giving her baby name suggestions. Anna Maria particularly was very excited about it.

"Hmm, Asami sounds really pretty. I like it. What about the girl? What do you think would be a name?"

"I've always envisioned naming my child after someone I loved. It's similar to passing on that person's legacy." Sosuke told her.

Maya didn't ask what he would name his kid, because she knew if those two ever had a baby its name would contain 'Hana'.

"My friend Shizuka Kira's always wanted a baby girl, but she could only have one boy... I shall name the girl Shizuka."

"That's very sweet. Twins Shizuka and Asami Fujiwara! Sounds like a heroic duo!"

"Hehe, I guess it does! The wonder twins!" Before she could stand up Maya felt a harsh contraction. She gripped her tummy and groaned. "Call the 4th Squad. It's time."

She didn't remember anything else. After a brief blackout, she found herself on a hospital bed surrounded by nurses and her husband at her side.

"It's okay love, it'll be over soon." Akito's voice was the only one she could hear clearly. He let her squeeze his hand as she pushed.

The pain was harsh as if she was being torn in half. It lasted for hours but in the end, the echoing cries of a baby told her it was all over. She didn't remember the rest and slept for three days straight.

***
"They're so cute!" Anna's big smile didn't go unnoticed by him.

The pair were working on their notes while they watched the twins. Both babies had been born healthy and were incredibly easy to take care of.

They had inherited their parents white hair but their eyes were not black nor blue, but silver. Shizuka was a playful girl and loved it when they dangled toys for her to reach out.

Asami was quiet. He was a quiet boy, and a shy baby that didn't like playing but he loved it when Anna sang to him.

"You really love kids," He told Anna as he reached for her hand.

"I do. They're so squishy and adorable, and babies just have so much potential. They're a little chubby life waiting to uncover the world. What's not to love?"

He chuckled. Sosuke didn't find himself to be as excited as she was, but he enjoyed the babies company. The idea of having a child in the future was appealing, but he knew now was not the time to think about that.

"We should go see Maya. She might be feeling lonesome."

Sosuke nodded and stood up. "I will visit her now, you keep an eye on the babies."

"Alright."

He walked over to the room Maya was kept in. Squad 4 discharged her after birth and put her in a special room in the mansion. It was almost identical to a hospital room, save for the drawings on the wall she'd made as a child.