Chapter 33: And so they will fall

A/N: My poor braaaaain! 😵 This chapter is 11 thousand words long, and the next one is probably going to be longer. So, as you can tell my dear readers I am so very tired, but excited too as we are only two chapters away from the ending of this fic! It's been a ride to make this and I'm happy you've all been enjoying yourselves as much as I have. I hope you enjoy the chapter, and thanks for reading! 🤗😋

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna Maria and Jeanne Dae belong to me.

Chapter 33: And so they will fall

They were all there. The Captains and lieutenants that hadn't come to Hueco Mundo. Although he noticed very quickly, that Hinamori was nowhere to be seen.

"It seems we made it in time." He heard the head Captain's voice. He had not missed that sound at all.

"Made it in time? Now, why would you say that?" Aizen asked in a mocking tone. "I'm well aware that what lies here it's not Karakura town, but that means nothing to me." He savored the confusion in some of the soul reapers eyes. Had they truly thought this would trick him? "Starrk, Barragan, Halibel, come."

The Espadas obeyed and stepped forward, ready to fight.

"If Karakura Town is in the Soul Society we'll just kill you and created the Oken there. That's all there is to it."

The head Captain wasted no time in unsheathing his sword. "All things in the universe turn to ashes, Ryujinjakka!"

He trapped them in a ring of flames, it would take a while for the fire to die down. 'It's a good thing Anna isn't here.' the fire wouldn't touch them, the mere sight of it might've been terrifying enough for his wife.

"This is too toasty for my liking." Gin joked. " What should we do Lord Aizen?"

"Nothing, this battle will end without us having to intervene.'

***

It didn't take as long as he expected for Wonderweiss to appear. Kaname could hear the commotion outside as the Arrancar freed the Espada one by one, then turned his attention onto their fiery prison.

Wonderweiss had brought along a friend. A powerful hollow named Hooler. The massive hollow blew wind on them, slowly snuffing out the flames.

"A foul a scent as always." Gin commented.

"Agreed, that it's why it's referred to as the stench of death," Kaname said. 'At least now, we're free.'

They'd all heard most of what happened outside. The death of Barragan's fraccion and the defeat of Halibel's. The 3rd Espada had been freed from the icy walls Captain Hitsugaya had locked her in. Barragan was also still alive, despite taking a blow from Soi Fon's Bankai.

Wonderweiss wasted no time in attacking Captain Ukitake. He managed to injure the man enough to distract Captain Kyoraku, which Starrk took as an opportunity to attack the Captain. Kaname felt their spiritual pressure drop drastically.

'Two more down. That leaves Izuru, Soi Fon, Omaeda, Komamura, and the Head Captain.' The numbers were in their favor so far.

"Looks like we're late." He heard a distinct voice in the distance. It was Shinji Hirako. The Ex-Captain had arrived along with the rest of the Vizards from the failed experiment. The vizard turned towards the Head Captain to speak. From a distance, it was hard to hear what they said, except for one line.

"We only have a grudge against Aizen, not you."

That was to be expected. No one would be pleased to have been a part of their hollowfication experiments. But to absolve the Soul Society of guilt was something he could not comprehend. The shinigami were the ones that hadn't tried to save them, the ones that kept them on exile, the ones that would have killed them had Urahara not intervened, yet they did not resent them.