Chapter 15: The End of the Rope

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you're liking the story so far. This chapter is a little shorter given than the next one is going to be longer than usual, another time skip will come soon and if you're a sensitive lil' bean like myself then stock up on tissues next chapters will be sadder in tone. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading! 🤗😋

©Bleach and its characters don't belong to me, they belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna, the Fujiwara, and Makoto

Chapter 15: The End of the Rope

"It looks like a teeny piece of space!" Anna squealed at the Hogyoku enclosed in glass.

"It's not complete yet, but the basis is done. Now comes the hardest part..."

Sosuke heard Anna swallow hard. "You mean getting it to work."

"Yes. If it's possible I'd like to take care of two problems at once. We'll only use souls who are deserving of hell that slipped through the cracks."

"Heh, in Sereitei alone we could get all we need, but then again, it would lead to suspicions."

"Precisely, I was thinking we could get mother's friends to tell us if they know anyone that might be deserving of some retribution"

"Sounds fair. Then I guess we have a plan."

They heard Cata giggle from the little chair they'd built for her. "Hanabira-san was right. You two are devious muffins."

The pair shrugged. "It's accurate at least."

A knock on the door startled them, Sosuke was careful to hide Cata and the Hogyoku in a drawer before opening the door.

"Hey, you two. Sorry to bother you but there's something I need help with." Maya told them.

"What do you need?"

***
"You have to hit it hard, or it's just gonna look like a banana circle with garlic." Anna chuckled at Maya's bad attempt to squish a plantain.

"Despite never meeting your father I have great respect for him getting this done." Maya joked.

"He would have loved teaching you how to cook. I remember he gave people food and thought them what to do."

"That's awfully sweet of him. Maybe we can start a program to keep doing that and help the districts."

"That would be great."

This time Maya used more force, but the angle was too far off, so instead of crushing it she sent the plantain piece flying into the wall. It got stuck there.

"..."

"That's something I had yet to see." Sosuke dryly commented as he kept an eye on the beef.

"I agree. That wasn't expected." Anna was trying hard to hold back her laughed.

Maya just groaned. "I'll stick with the ramen. I haven't destroyed the kitchen doing that."

"Don't quit now, here I'll show you how to do it." Anna placed her hands over Maya's and helped her squash the slices. "There, they look like a flower. Now we just drop them in the oil, once they're crispy flip them, and when they're fully cooked take them out."

Maya nodded. "Okay, thanks Anna! How's the beef going, Sosuke?"

"Almost done, you did well with preparations. I'll just add more sauce once it's done."

"Good. Sorry for dragging you into this. I just got bad cravings and didn't want the maids to freakout. I'm not sure if any of them know how to make plantain chips" Maya laughed nervously.