Chapter 25: The Spark

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry for the wait, but I am back and we are finally at the Fullbringers arc! Honestly, I love these guys and wish Kubo had done more with them, they were too good for all the hate. This Lil arc will have either 3 or 4 chapters and then we'll get to the Canon Bleach timeline. As always I hope you enjoy, feel free to vote and comment if you liked, and thanks for reading! 🤗😋

©Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Hibiki, Mitsuru, Anna, and Hanabira belong to me.

Chapter 25: The Spark

Mitsuru was trying hard to keep himself calm. He never liked big crowds.

'It's okay. Just breathe.'

The entire 13th division was going to see him off before he left for Karakura.

"Now remember to be aware of your surroundings, be careful around spiritually aware humans and-"

"Jyushiro you're acting like a concerned parent. I'll be alright big brother. You mustn't need to worry."

"I'm sorry you know how I get. Just remember your mission."

"Yes."

The Soul Society might've given him the mission to infiltrate and get rid of the fullbringers, but Mitsuru gave himself a different mission.

'I shall protect them. There can't be another massacre again.'

***
"I don't ever want to see another calculus textbook for as long as I live!" Masaki groaned. "I'm 13, not a college grad!"

"Consider yourself lucky pretty lady. Trigonometry is far worse." Ginjo yawned. " I can't wait for graduation."

It was exam season at school and the two of them were exhausted. 'Good thing winter break is around the corner.'

"Can I stay with you and Hibiki for a while?"

"Sure, but don'tcha have plans with your parents? "

"Nah, just Quincy classes. I'd rather just skip those."

Ginjo was concerned for his friend. He knew she was a pureblood Quincy, and that said blood placed a burden on her, but regardless he wanted to protect her from those burdens as if she was his little sister.

"Okay then, I'll tell Hibiki to set another plate."

"Thanks."

He took out his phone and began typing, just as he was halfway done with the text Ginjo heard a noise.

"Is it a hollow?" he asked Masaki.

"Yep, let's go get him!"

The pair headed in the direction of the noise only to find someone already taking on the hollow. A shinigami.

He had long black hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. The man quickly took on the hollow faster than they could intervene. Before leaving he smiled at them.

"For a second I thought he might strike at us," Masaki muttered. "I'm glad he's one of the good ones."

"I guess, let's just get home before my sister cusses us out."

No matter how much time had passed since Hibiki opened the nightclub he always stared in awe whenever he went in.

Even when it was closed, the dancefloor and lounge area were both gorgeous, and he was especially fond of the bar, even if he wasn't old enough to drink.

"Took you both long enough to get here! I was getting worried." Hibiki protested.

The older woman was wearing her usual apron and a messy bun. From the flour on her face, Ginjo could tell she was making pizza.