Chapter 23: The Point of no Return

A/N: Hello everyone! So quick disclaimer before we go on this chapter, once again had triggering scenes for those who are scared of fire. Proceed with caution if that's the case. On another note, we'll be having a small timeskip next time, and diving into the Fullbringers backstory before we go onto canon territory and finish. As always I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading! 🤗😋

© Bleach and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to Tite Kubo and Shounen Jump. Only Anna, Jeanne, and the Fujiwara family belong to me.

Chapter 23: The Point of no Return

"You been staring off into space for almost two hours. Sosuke are you going to turn into an akita puppy ?" Anna joked.

"Sorry I was just thinking."

"I know, you were making your scheming face."

"Oh, and what does my scheming face look like?" He asked her as he got closer.

"You furrow your brows and stare off into the distance as of you were concentrating. It's kinda cute."

He chuckled and gave Anna peck on the lips. "I believe you're the only one who thinks that. How are you feeling today?"

"Sleepy. Always very sleepy, but the treatment is working. I'll be moving around by the end of the month."

"That's good to hear. I know you hate having to stay in bed all day."

"Guilty as charged. I'm also a little angry that these will still look like I dipped them in lava." Anna raised one of her arms, it's flesh was red and scared, as if she had a rash.

Sosuke took her hand and kissed it. They were now always very warm.
"I still want your arms around me, and your hands all over me."

Anna giggled. "You're so cheesy sometimes, but I love it. Anyway, how's everyone back at home?"

He didn't know how to answer. Nobody at Sereitei knew about their secret wedding or how she'd almost gotten executed. All they knew was that Anna Maria was 'dead'

Some of her old friends had offered him condolences but he knew that none of them would have done anything to save her in the end.

The twins were the only ones truly suffering. He would often let them sit silently with him at the office. Words weren't necessary for any of them to understand what they all felt.

"Out of our allies, everyone but Gin knows that you're alive, but they all miss having you around. The twins are still processing what happened. I have been tempted to tell them, but you know that can't be done."

Anna nodded. "The truth would be far crueler." she sighed. "What about our plans? Has the Hogyoku been able to break the boundary?"

"Unfortunately not with normal souls. I believe we need to test it with shinigami, if they can undergo successful hollowfication then it means we're ready. If not, I suppose we must keep working on it."

"Be careful. I don't want you to end up getting caught."

"Don't worry milady. I'll make sure to keep up my facade without failure. For now, I want you to concentrate on getting better, there's a mission I'd like to give you. One that it's somewhat overdue."

"What is it?"

"We'll be assassinating Akito Fujiwara."

***
"At this rate, you'll have to wear an eye patch. I think France still has pirates."

"Not funny Shizuka."

"Sorry. I know it hurts like hell but we can't call Captain Unohana this late. Maybe we can sneak out to Sosuke-nii's apartment?"