• Stupid girl •

The boy tilted his head up to look at me with his big eyes, it was Park Jimin who had taken my seat at the table.

"Hi, Vivian."

It had been so long since I had talked to Jimin, and seeing him now was almost likewise unfamiliar.

"Hello" I stood remarkably still on the floor, just staring shyly at my friends.

"Sit down, Vivian," Hoseok said, laughing slightly at my sudden mood change, he wasn't used to seeing the shy side of me.

I spend the rest of the day in the heels of the boys as they almost left me out, forgetting my presence, they were too busy "catching up"

°°°°°°°

"Jungkook?" I yelled from the distance as I saw Jungkook's figure next to the lockers, but apparently, he wasn't alone like he used to.

Stupid girl is giggling again, immature it is, her body is shaking and tears stream from her half-closed eyes.

I hold my breath behind pursed lips to steel myself against the gales of laughter to come. They always seem to do.

I know what's happened, my brother just told a lame joke and now they're bonding over it, giving each other flirty and playful punches.

I ambled to his locker, yelling his name but it was as if I was just a faded whisper in the distance.

"Hey! Jungkook?" I finally reached the locker as I stepped in between the two of them, finally, I got a reaction from my brother.

"Oh hi Noona, sorry I didn't hear you." He said, but I secretly blamed him for using that bad excuse.

"We're going home." I grabbed my brothers arm and pulled him close to my embrace, giving him a short hug before pulling him with me out of the door, not even considering looking back at the girl.

"Where are you running off to in such a hurry?" My brother laughed behind me as I dragged him by his arm to the car.

As he and I got in the car, Jungkook tightened his seatbelt and turned his body towards me, making big eyes as if he was utterly confused about something, honestly, I didn't blame him for that.

"Noona? Look at me." Jungkook grabbed each side of my body and turned me around by the shoulders.

I wasn't in the mood for talking, to be honest, what I wanted the most was just to leave the school and be alone, even away from my brother.

"What is it?" I asked irritated, not looking him in the eyes but rather out the window, following the raindrops in the glass.

"Hey! Pay attention to me, Vivian." Jungkook kept following my gaze as I changed it every time we made eye contact. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not, I'm just tired so let me start this car and drive us home." I aggressively yanked my body out of his grip and started the car, not looking back at my brother as I started driving home, in silence.

It had never been this awkward between my brother and I, not even after our first kiss, but I think my cold facade had to do with the note.

The note I had gotten earlier, someone had seen what happened in the car, and I had no idea who it could be, but the fear had gotten bigger, now the only right thing I could do was to stay as far away as possible from my brother.

When we had reached the house, the sky had gotten cloudy and dark.

Gone was the open blue sky of yesterday. Above was an almost unbroken layer of white and grey, brilliant where the sunshine broke through and dark where it did not.