• Leafed •

I hope he doesn't come home late.

And I beg to the god he doesn't drink, he's never been drinking before, only when he's been feeling depressed.

They're probably having lots of fun right now, sharing a special moment. Maybe they're even kissing.

Well since he's been practicing so much, I'd would surprise me if they didn't kiss.

My eyes kept gazing on my phone screen, wishing to see a 'be home soon' text from my brother.

The house felt likewise empty without him here to keep me company, no small giggles, no footsteps outside my door, nothing.

I was sure he'd be home late since it was already 9 pm and he didn't seem to be coming home anytime soon. At least he would've left a message to let me know when he'll arrive.

But suddenly when I thought it would never show up, my phone screen suddenly lit up in the darkened room.

I didn't hesitate to swing my body over the bed to reach my phone on the nightstand, wishing a begging I'd see his name on the screen.

But to my big disappointment, it wasn't.

The screen showed an unknown number I haven't seen before, and what took my breath the most was the message sent from that number.

"Doesn't feel nice to be left alone, I bet you miss 'someone's' lips and touch?"

I felt my body froze.

Something I couldn't explain suddenly made my legs to go weak, my stomach to lurch and my heart to ache. My adrenaline surges so fast I almost vomit, I can taste the saliva thickening in my mouth to a rancid paste.

This couldn't happen again, how and why should it? How did this person get my number, and why were they still after me and my brother.

Suddenly it wondered me, what if this person was threatening Jungkook too?

He might've been too scared to tell me and kept it all to himself. It wouldn't be the first time he hid something from me.

A loud knocking noise cut off my thoughts, which caused me to almost jump out of bed in shock.

It came from the front door, and I figured it might be my brother coming home earlier.

This time, it surprised me that I was right.

Outside my window, I saw my brother standing in front of our door, roses in his hands and a facial expression I couldn't read.

I didn't hesitate to quickly run downstairs to greet my brother at the door, but as I opened the door, I was met with a sad boy.

"She never showed up."

Jungkook said and wiped his running tears off on his sleeve.

My heart sunk, I couldn't believe what I was told. The girl that was head over heels for Jungkook didn't even show up on their date?

"Jungkook, I'm so sorry," I said and not hesitating a second to bring his body close to mine and hug him with all I had.

I held him close and embraced his cold body, the rain had already gotten his clothes dripping wet.

I hated Claire, I hated her beyond possibility, it didn't make sense to me why she'd do such thing to Jungkook. After all, she was the one who asked him on the date.

His crying only made me feel my presence with such intensity, it didn't make sense it was already now I had to help my brother through his first heartbreak.