• Sympathy •

I removed my hand from Claire's throat, letting her down from the locker.

No words left me. I stared into those bright brown eyes of my brother burning with anger, and my heart fell silent. "Answer me!" he roared. But I couldn't make my lips move. As if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as he pointed a shaky finger in my face. "Do you have nothing to say? Why are you holding Claire against the locker?!" he asked me raising his voice.

He didn't understand, he wouldn't understand my intentions.

But my mind was blank and my eyes wide as I stared at him in horror. His eyes desperately searched mine... waiting. I had to say something! I searched my mind for something reasonable to say, but to my surprise, my heart answered for me, "I love you, Jungkook."

He sighed, he sighed deeply and looked directly down the ground, as if he was disappointed in me for pouring my heart out to him.

Claire, of course, didn't know about us, she must've thought I was just a caring sister.

"Vivian, I think you need to go." Jungkook reached his hands out to hold mine, but how could he say such hurtful things while looking into my eyes like that?

"Jungkook, listen to me please," I begged and begged him, praying he would finally take my side.

I had him first, I loved him first, but still, he chose her over me.

"I can't talk with you right now." Jungkook looked away from me, not even willing to look into my eyes. Had I really been this disappointing?

Claire stood silently next to my brother, hooking herself onto her arm like a little clingy child. The sight of her made me sick from the ends of my hair to the nails on my toes.

I didn't know why I had suddenly acted to different, never in my life had I been this way. It was all a new feeling for me.

"Fine, you want it this way, don't ever talk to me again Jeon Jungkook!" I yelled to his face, feeling all my muscles tightening up as I stood in front of him with anger filled in my eyes.

"Vivian." My brother looked up at me finally, his eyes were just the same as always, beautiful and bright when he looked into mine. It broke my heart to leave him like this.

The stupid girl was like a magnet to him, even though she was no one to him not even a week ago. She was just a normal I hadn't ever heard of before, suddenly, she was becoming the one to take my brother away from my embrace.

I turn around, not looking back, neither letting my brother speak his last words after I had dared him to ever speak a word to me again.

The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone. I paused trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside me but I couldn't. I didn't wanna cry here. Not in front of him.

I left the hallway with the salty feeling of my first tear in my mouth, never thinking once about turning around to face him the last time.

First though, the girl's bathroom, in there I could let out all my sorrows, just like the old days with Namjoon. I would spend my lunches in there, just sitting on the down and letting the tears stream down my cheeks as I wondered why my boyfriend was changing this way.

Except now it was my brother I was going to cry about.

Slowly, I entered the bathroom to check if anyone would be there. To my big surprise, no one was there, giving me the opportunity to just let my tears fall from my eyes.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I facepalmed trying to be mad at myself in the situation. How could I ever be this foolish, falling in love with someone I couldn't have.

A lone tear traced down my cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. My chin trembled as if I was a small child. I breathed heavier than I ever had before. I was gasping for air that simply wasn't there.

"Stupid!" I faced the mirror and yelled loudly at myself. Why could the world just for once have some sympathy with me? Didn't I deserve it? Obviously, I had never gotten it.

"Vivian?"

A voice from the door to the girl's bathroom called out my name, it wasn't the voice of Jungkook.

"I'm not available right now." I dried my tears onto my sleeve, hiding the red puffy face the tears had given me.

"Are you crying?" The voice asked it was now clear to me who the voice belonged to.

"Jimin?" I then my head up from my sleeve to look at my blonde friend in the doorway.

"Your eyes, Vivian, you have been crying," Jimin said as he gracefully walked inside the girl's bathroom.

"You do know that you're not technically allowed to be in here, right?" I let out a small laugh.

Jimin simply pulled his shoulder back, folding his arms across his chest. "And you do know you should be in your class by now, right?"

The main reason I didn't have the same friendship with Jimin anymore, was that we had been a lot around Namjoon and his brother lately. It was too bad such a great friend was going to waste, Jimin seemed to be bonding with the wrong people.

He was becoming an idiot, to say it politely, Namjoon wasn't good company for him, neither was Yoongi. But sadly Jimin was becoming addicted to the crime of being around them, especially Yoongi who he was admiring a lot.

"Don't be sly now, Blondie," I said calling him by his nickname, that I had given to him like I used to do when we were younger.

"I'm just doing my job, Princess." Jimin leaned himself against the wall and pulled the same pose as Namjoon usually would.

Somehow, it felt nice being alone with Jimin again. After all, he was my first crush, and not to mention my best friend. Sadly we grew apart as people do sometimes.

"I won't leave this place until you tell me who upset you." He said and moved closer to me in the process.

"Well, a little demon decided to ruin my life, that's all," I said to Jimin, obviously my words were confusing him.

"And who would that be?" He asked and stood beside me in front of the bathroom sink.

"Claire Stewart." I simply said and felt myself cringe at her name being spoken from my own lips.

Jimin stood silently for a few seconds, not saying anything, only looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Claire Stewart," He repeated me, "that girl is clingy as fuck."

I looked up in surprise at what Jimin had said, apparently, he knew to Claire's clinginess.

"Do you know her?" I asked him and moved a bit closer.

"Of course, she was all up on me last year. It was such a hard task getting rid of that little magnet." Jimin found himself laughing a bit, finding it funny he wasn't her target anymore.

"Well, that girl is after my brother now, she's all up on him all the time."

"I've seen that," He said and stopped laughing when he was my facial expression.

Maybe I should be happy for him, if he liked this girl, he should feel free to date her. I would just have to learn to live with her.