Newt- pen pals

Request for @EquineLily

Your p.o.v

Being in the maze with loads of people can still be lonely, I am with a load of girls in this maze. Once the box came up and there was paper and a pen with a letter attached explaining that someone else is also reading this letter and they also have a peace of paper and pen and you can write something to the other person and can write letters to one another it was from WCKD.

I wasn't sure about it at start but I thought why not, I got the paper and just write a bit about myself and then put it back in box.

When the box came up the next month it came back with a peace of paper the pen and a written letter. I went somewhere to be by myself and read the letter.

It explained that it was from a guy called Newt, he was in a type of maze like myself and explained about himself.

Me and Newt talked for AGES, we got to know eachother very well, I knew about his dark past we know about each others mazes and what it's like at each others maze and know eachothers friends nearly everything about one another, we could tell eachother anything.

We helped eachother out alot as we reassured eachother we will be okay and we will both get out the maze and we will meet one day.

Newt p.o.v

It was crazy in the glade at the moment we are thinking about leaving with Thomas and leaving this horrid place but I felt bad as I haven't told y/n about this and so I would just be leaving her and she isn't know why, but it's leave now or never.

I feel so bad.

Your p.o.v

It been a few months now that I have sent letters and had none back at all. I was starting to wonder if I did something or said something, why did he stop ?

My best friend here try to reassure me, saying there was probably a reason for it and I shouldn't worry to much.

That went on for a while, until one day I got out of my maze with my friends, I couldn't be more happy to be out with my friends but Newt kept coming back into my head every now and then.

I couldn't stop thinking about him, why he stopped talking to me, but also thinking about the good time we have shared together.

The thought of us meeting was getting thinner and thinner, and so I tried to stop thinking about him. But I couldn't.

It has been crazy I have lost a few friends trying to get to a safe place I am still with my best friend and few other friends.

We are now at a place called safe heaven, I was sat by the sea just looking out, I was sat down and I heard some people talking.

"Minho if you put any more food in your mouth you WILL chock."

"Newt I nearly died like 4 times over the last month I can eat what I want"

Could that be my Newt ? I also know about Minho. I quickly told my friend what just happened and her being her she walked over I tried to stop her, she sat down and was talking to them but I couldn't tell what she was saying.

She then pointed towards me and I quickly turned around.

I then saw that someone sat next to me I could tell it defently wasn't my friend, I turned round to see one of the best looking boys I had ever seen.

"Hi, so your the y/n I have been talking to"

"I uh guess so" I said smiling

But then I remembered when he stopped writing to me.

"Did I do something wrong? You just stopped talking to me I write you letters to you but never sent any back"

"Come on walk with me I will explain also it kinda awkward with all our friends watching us"

I turned and they were all starting and quickly turned round. Newt helped me up and we walked round and he explained what happend.

"I am sorry"

"Hey it's not your fault you had to leave you didn't have a choice"

We stopped walking and he turned to me.

"I can't believe I am really here with you it seems so unreal"

"I know I thought we would never meet and know we are here I don't really know what to say" I smiled at him.

"I am so glad your okay, I know we never meet but I lost alot people this year and I am glad your okay" I looked down at the floor.

Then Newt wrapped him arms around my waist pulling me to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You know you never said how pretty you are in your letters" Newt whispered in my ear.

I giggled a little.

"And you never said you were so handsome" I smiled.

----- A few weeks later -----

I got to know Newts friends quite well they have been through quite alot lately. I was walking around by myself, then Newt called me

"Hey y/n I um was thinking about us and well your amazing, pretty, funny and I would hate if anything would happen to you I was just wondering if you might want to be my girlfriend" Newt said looking down.

"Of course"

Newt looked up smiling he pulled me closer to him and connected his lips on mine.