VI.

Morning.

I kicked up dirt as I followed alongside Arlo and the cute crimson haired Jack named Blyke. This entire area was just a flat, dusty plain that stretched out for miles away from the city.

Aside from the boorish scenery, four students waited impatiently from the opposite end of us.

Arlo stepped towards them.

"Look who finally showed up. Wellston." A brown-haired guy, most likely the King, said curtly.

"Ah, Broven. What a pleasant surprise. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" He said.

"Cut the crap, Arlo. You initiated the Turf Wars! You could at least have the decency to show up on time!" Broven yelled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Seraphina's eyes darken in Arlo's direction.

"Oops." He shrugged. What a dick move.

"There's no reason for Wellston to instigate a Turf War. So why are we here?" Broven narrowed his eyes.

Arlo's grinned widened.

"I heard you have a new Queen. And i've been dying to see her in action, hearing that you haven't lost a Turf War since she joined." He looked back at me. "But we also wanted to present you our newest addition to the roster."

I shrugged off my windbreaker and tossed it in Elaine's direction. The warm air felt nice against my bare stomach. I was so glad I chose to wear workout clothes.

"Hmph. We may actually break your winning record this time, Arlo." Broven replied cockily as he eyed me.

"Now now, don't get too cocky. I think a one on one could show off the raw talent of our newest recruits. Don't you think, Delta?" He asked.

I nodded wordlessly, my unwavering gaze focused on Agwin's Queen.

Broven's eyes shifted to Seraphina. "Who's the other new girl?"

"Oh, you mean Seraphina? She's actually a returning veteran."

A flicker a terror crossed Broven's face. Judging by what she did to Elaine yesterday, I would illicit the same reaction.

The Jacks from both sides stepped forward. They readied themselves before Agwin's Jack, Gou, lunged forward at Blyke.

It was astonishing to see them in action. Blyke was agile enough to dodge heavy attacks. He was awfully creative with his power, using his energy beams to not only shoot, but to give him a speed boost as well during the fight.

It seemed that Gou couldn't get a good angle on Blyke. Blyke never stayed in once place for even second, making it harder for him to be targeted by his opponent. Gou leapt upwards, and used all his might to try to keep Blyke vulnerable from above.

But to no avail, he dodged it anyways, sending a quick blade of red in Gou's direction. Gou leapt upwards, but wasn't fast enough. The blade cut his leg mid-air, physically impairing him.

"Augh!" He cried.

There's no way Gou could win now, I bit my lip and stepped closer to the fight, anxiously watching as Blyke planned his next move.

In a panic, Gou grabbed a large piece of rock and hurled it in Blyke's direction. Blyke easily crushed it to dusty bits with his laser beam and launched towards Gou, formulating a red ball of energy with his hands.

"Dodge this." He said as it grew bigger.

A flash of astonishment and terror flashed across Gou's face. I instinctively stepped forward but was held back from Arlo's firm hand on my shoulder. He shook his head.

"Enough."

Blyke's energy beam dimmed as Broven spoke.

"It's evident this is your win. Gou, come get your leg healed." He said as Gou shamefully walked away from Blyke.

"I will take it from here."

The beautiful Queen of Agwin High School stepped forward. Her long hair flowed down her back like a silvery waterfall, with her mahogany eyes unreadable. Aside from her unorthodox posture, she had a noticeable bust that accentuated the curves of her body.

"Fight!"

Blyke launched two bursts of energy at her, but she flitted to the side in a blur. Regaining his focus, Blyke turned his head in her direction, to reveal spider like legs sprouting from her back.

What the hell is that...?!

In a flash, she launched one of the spindly appendages at him. He barely managed to dodge to the side. Blyke narrowly avoided her attacks in a panic, zigzagging away from the legs in the attempt to avoid being overwhelmed. He misstepped and the spider leg sliced his abdomen, blood oozing out of his freshly cut wound.

The Queen endlessly launched quick, short range attacks at him (in addition to spawning more legs), which prevented him from being able to get a clear shot. Blyke hastily advanced towards her, building a spurt of energy in her direction. But he wasn't quick enough.

The colossal leg lunged at him and stabbed his wounded abdomen. I gasped.

"You b*tch! How many of those things do you have?" Blyke yelled weakly as he coughed up blood. He looked like he could barely stand. At this rate, he wouldn't be able to beat her.

"Still trying to act tough?" She asked, a satisfied smirk planted on her face. "Seriously, why hasn't your team called you back? They aren't really going to leave you out here to be KOed, are they?"

Blyke's golden eyes hardened.

"Shut up! What they decide is none of your business!" He coughed up more blood.

Without thought, I grabbed Arlo's arm tightly.

"Arlo! Call him out! He can't beat her! Call him out! Now!" I yelled, my eyes uncontrollably flashing a deadly red.

"Tch!" He tore his arm away. "Excuse me, if you haven't noticed, i'm King here. That's not for you to decide."

"Fine then." The Queen said to Blyke. "Then i'll make this quick."

She launched her sharp appendages at Blyke. He couldn't move.

"Arlo!"

But despite my pleas, he wouldn't budge.

Using my psionic speed, I lunged in Blyke's direction and grabbed him protectively, forming a red forcefield around us. I felt the pressure she exerted against the semi-sphere, almost like she was suffocating me with the barrage of attacks.

"Enough."

Seraphina's voice rang out and the pressure immediately let up. I let down the forcefield as I slung Blyke's arm around my shoulder for support.

"There's no point in continuing this match. The win is yours." She eyed me. "Delta, take him over to Elaine." Seraphina looked at Elaine. "Elaine."

"Y-yes?" She stuttered nervously.

"Take care of Blyke."

I gingerly set Blyke down next to Elaine. I watched as Seraphina stepped forward and squared her stance, but Arlo stopped her.

"No, I told you. Me, Blyke, and Delta will take care of this." Arlo's darkened gaze pierced through me. "Since you're so adamant on disobeying my orders, perhaps a KO will teach you otherwise." He shifted his head in the direction towards the Queen, who was speaking with Broven.

I glared at Arlo and turned towards the Queen. She had that same exasperating smirk left on her face, an obvious satisfaction she gained from beating Blyke.

Soon enough, it won't be difficult to wipe it off. :;