XXV.

The weekend.

"Did you get the tickets?"

"Yeah man."

"Uhh.....you couldn't have chosen action or something?

"Dude, this is why you suck. Chicks dig romance movies. Which is precisely why Delta turned you down when you asked her out."

"S-shut up man! That's not why-"

The sunlight blinded my eyes as Remi and I stepped out to meet Blyke and Isen, his thumb holding the tickets against the surface of his palm as he waved.

"Hey." I smiled gently, observing the crimson flush festering on the surface of Blyke's cheeks.

"Sorry for the wait!" Remi scratched the back of her pink head. "Let's get going!"

:;

"Damn. You really suck Isen."

Isen's jaw dropped in disbelief as Blyke leaned back against the arcade chair, stretching his legs against the pedals of Mario Kart.

"W-what?! B-but I-!" He jabbed his finger at the screen as I read the leader board.

1st: DELTA
2nd: DIETER
3rd: BLYKE
4th: REMI
5th: THE_PERILOUS
6th: YEONG-GI
7th: SUHO
8th: LINK
9th: SOUSHI
10th: ISEN

"I don't even play videogames and I still made it to top five." Remi sighed, savoring Isen's embarrassment and frustration.

"You kept throwing banana peels everywhere....!"

"And you kept running into them. Dude, you're gonna be a terrible driver."

"Oh really...?? You wanna confirm that with another match....???" He challenged, his aura burning with excitement and frustration.

"Sure, but don't slip on any banana peels."

I yawned, stretching as I glanced at the leaderboard again.

"I'll pass. I think i'll increase the odds in Isen's favor." I said and stood up, slightly dizzy.

Isen nudged Blyke a little, motioning to me.

"A-ah, yeah....I guess i'll pass." Blyke stumbled over his words as Isen pushed his best friend closer to me.

I stared at my feet as I walked, momentarily fascinated by my glowing shoelaces-a product of the fluorescent lights illuminating the arcade overhead.

"Del....are you okay? You've been quiet since we walked to the mall."

Blyke tentatively set his hand on my shoulder as he led me to a seat. Unthinkingly, I reached over and grabbed his hand, absentmindedly playing with his fingers as I formulated my thoughts.

"Everything....just feels off putting." I sighed a little and met his eyes, radiating a sense of security that made my stomach pool a tender feeling.

Should I tell him about the incident with Isen and Arlo? It wasn't an issue of trust, but....was it necessary to tell him about what Isen was doing with John? Hell, I was barely scratching the surface with this as well. Could John...really have abilities? It seems-

"Delta? You're doing it again."

"Huh??"

"You look worried. Anxious even. I think 'off putting' is a mild way to put it, but whatever you're going through-just know you can tell me anything." He squeezed my hand.