VII.

"Don't let your guard down, Rein. There's a reason why Wellston is number one in Turf Wars."

Broven eyed me warily as he leaned closer to her in attempt to make his voice lower. "Don't underestimate her. If she's able to make the roster on her second day at Wellston, then assume she's powerful enough to take you down."

Huh. Smart guy.

"Don't worry, Broven. I won't mess around anymore." She smirked and stepped forward in my direction. I widened my stance and crossed my arms before she lunged at me with her spidery-appendages.

Based on her strategy with Blyke, Rein works offensively with her power, with speed as her strongest factor. If I can work against her defensively and diminish her recovery, I can beat her.

"You don't have time to think." She said.

I flitted to the side with my psionic speed. Momentarily dazed, she averted the spidery legs to my direction. But I didn't move.

My eyes emulated a red hue again as the incoming appendage became engulfed a red outline. I mentally shifted her leg away from me as it crashed on the other side.

"W-what...?!" Rein stuttered in a shocked tone. "I-I didn't mean to do that...!"

"We all make mistakes." I smirked. She flew at me in a rage.

I didn't budge. With crossed arms, I executed the same tactic mentally and spiked her spider legs into random areas of the ground. With her legs tangled and caught deeply in the dirt, I took the opportunity to use psionic speed to lunge straight at her body.

Rein shut her eyes as I knocked her violently backwards onto the floor, and immediately entrapped her in a tight semi-circle barrier to keep her legs from attacking me.

"W-what are you doing to me...?!" She asked, coughing up blood. "I-I can't control my powers...!" My knee pushed down on her chest harder.

"It's called psionics. It's all up here." I pointed to my head mischievously. "I can can induce abilities or enhance them. I can compel you to do anything to my bidding....like this."

Rein gasped as she struggled to resist my ability taking control of her powers. The spider legs curled in an abnormally painful angle in the tight space as she let out a scream.

"S-stop! This isn't....fair!" Rein gasped, writhing in pain as I slowly began to exert more pressure.

"How do you think Blyke felt...?" I retorted.

But before I could officially KO her, Arlo intervened.

"Enough, Delta."

Immediately, I backed off and let the power dissipate. I felt disgruntled. Why didn't he just let me finish her?

"You've done your job diligently. I will take it from here." Arlo said as I skimmed past him, a drop of blood falling from my nose.

"Rein!" Broven ran up to her. "Are you okay? I can tag you out-"

"I'm fine." She replied and wiped the blood from her mouth, a blood-thirsty gaze shifted to my direction as I healed myself.

Rein once again lunged at Arlo. A yellow barrier enveloped his vicinity as her appendages bounced off the surface. The attacks wouldn't connect.

Instead she used the legs to leap as high as she could. Arlo didn't let up his barrier as she landed, pain residing in her features as her attack reflected back to her.

Arlo stepped forward.

"D-don't come any closer....!" She in an attempt to make her voice menacing, only to come out weak and nervous.

He formed a barrier around Rein, using the same tactic I previously used on her. His barrier tightened around her body and the spider appendages as she attempted to break out of it, only resulting in fresh wounds. She was trapped.

"My, my my," Arlo tsked as he stepped into the barrier. "You really aren't anything out the ordinary. Aren't you supposed to be undefeatable?"

"Shut up!"

Rein reached to slap Arlo's face but pathetically swiped at the air. Suddenly, he grabbed her throat with an unnecessary force and began to choke her.

"You've won this one! That's enough! I'm tagging her out!" Broven yelled to him. "Arlo! Stop, we're done!"

But Arlo wouldn't let up. His grip only tightened along her fragile throat.

"That's it! I'm breaking her out of there!" Gou squared his stance and unthinkingly lunged towards his barrier at full speed.

"No! Gou, don't! You can't!"

Gou's attack reflected, not even making a dent.

"Arlo! Let her go!" I yelled.

He looked at me in the corner of his eye with disgust but made no move to let go.

I felt chagrin flood my body. I lunged forward with my psionic speed in the direction of his barrier.

"No! Delta, don't!" I heard Seraphina's voice fade behind me in a panic.

My hand emulated a bright red as I prepared my psionic strength. My fist connected with the steel-like surface of Arlo's barrier, the force breaching the surface and making it dissipate.

I felt bones in my forearm break as cuts emerged on the surface of my skin. The pain was searing, almost unbearable as blood poured out of the fresh wounds. His barrier wasn't easy to break, and the pain that came along it felt unbearable.

"Aargh...!"

Arlo shoved Rein backwards and gripped his chest in pain before angrily turning to me.

"H-how the hell did you do that...?!" He spat.

"You took it too far, Arlo. That wasn't necessary. Broven already tagged her out." I said as my glowing hand hovered over my injured arm.

"So you attack me, your King?! You would attack you own teammate...?!"

"King," I scoffed. "You may be King, but don't you forget who was strong enough to break your barrier." I replied icily.

"Tch!" With a clenched jaw, Arlo shoved past me towards Elaine.

"Well, that's embarrassing." Broven chimed in cockily. "I've never seen a team fight itself before."

With the combined glares of Seraphina and I's, he suddenly lost the air of regained confidence and gratitude. Seraphina stepped towards him and an injured Rein, her eyes boring into theirs.

"This Turf War is still ongoing. You have two options. Either forfeit or accept your loss, or continue to fight, with either me or Delta as your opponent." She said, our eyes glowing menacingly. "Which will you choose?"

But by his terrified expression, it was evident what the answer was. :;