XX.

Huh....?

I began to inadvertently clutch my throat as I felt John's aura seep into my body.

I...can't...breathe....!!!

My entire body felt freezing, as if a polar vortex were swirling around in my organs. Along with that, the familiar dark aura intermixed with the cold.

John's hand stopped thrumming against the couch, and curled into a tight fist. His jet hair fell over his face so I was unable to see the expression in his eyes.

"John...." I weakly gasped as my fingertips grazed his shoulder.

"Where is Isen now?"

He stood up. His aura was so potent that even I could feel the chagrin flooding his body like a tsunami.

"At...the dorms..." I sputtered.

Without missing a beat, he headed towards the door. Despite my injury, I used my psionic speed to block the front door. I winced as I held John back.

"John..." I said, despite my lack of breath, "Stop, it's not...."

My voice trailed off as I met his eyes, a sudden paralysis enveloping me whole. No way....my hunch was correct.

Without a mistake, his cold golden eyes were now radiating a vivid yellow. They were only accentuated by the heavy glare on his face and his villainous hairstyle.

"Your eyes." I blurted mindlessly. "John, you're not a cripple....right?"

His eyes widened and immediately stopped glowing at once. He backed away uneasily. For once....I noticed an uncharacteristic expression cross his face. Was that....fear?

"No! Y-you're wrong. That was just your imagination." John stumbled over his words.

I edged closer to him, but he kept the distance between us. My eyes were radiating crimson, in case he were to use his abilities on me (which, not to mention, was scary since I had no idea what they were).

"John." I said, as his the suffocating aura began to dissipate. "I possess sub abilities of telepathy. And one of those subs is a lie detector. I think it's safe to say that you are lying."

"No..! I'm not!"

"Another lie."

"I...I..."

His back hit the other side of the wall. I moved closer to him and enclosed the space between us.

"It's okay, John. I knew it from the start. You can trust me. I won't tell anyone." I said softly.

Again, our lips were inches apart. His eyes were enticing, but oh boy, was he good.

John's eyes immediately flashed. Before I could react, his hands were enveloped in black, imitating the way abilities radiated.

What...?! He has my abilities.....?!?!? There's no way....!!

Before I could counter his attack, he pressed his glowing black hand against my mouth and whirled me around so that his body pressed me against the wall.  John's glowing grabbed my wrist as the crimson from my hands and eyes diminished.

No.....!! He used my faculty diminishing ability against me....!!!!

There's no way I can over power him. He's stronger than me physically and with abilities. 

"I can't let you know this. Not even Seraphina knows." John said earnestly. "I can't trust that you'll keep this a secret."

I began to shiver. What was he gonna do to me....?