Its not your fault.

We had been driving for a few minutes. My heart was still beating so fast. It's cliche, I realize. But it's true. I leaned into the sit and moved towards the window to peer out. The last few days have been beyond rough. And I haven't given myself time to actually take into account what has happened. Tony cleared his throat "Clay? " He said to get my attention " Yeah?" I answered back. He didn't want to talk about what he was going to talk about. He sighed " Marco's court date is in a week. " Hearing his name made me go quiet, which I knew wasn't an option at this point " Oh." Is all I could muster up, I kept myself from crying " Yeah. We can talk more about this later, We're almost home. " I nodded and didn't really talk for the rest of the car ride.

alas, We arrived.

I got out of the car, my arm was killing me, I was light-headed, and felt like passing out. I waited for Tony to get out of the car and walk with me to the door. as he did.

We walked into the living room, where all the Avengers assembled on the couch " Are you guys watching friends without me!" I loudly said, they all turned around, with the look of fear on their faces " It was caps idea!" everyone yelled, throwing Cap under the bus " Real nice guys, thanks. "

I sat down in one of the only 2 spots left. And we watched like 3 episodes before everyone started zoning out, so I just turned it off and went to Tony's lab " Be back guys. " I whispered. Some of them nodded, and I was off to the lab.
*Tony's lab*

I walked in, Tony, of course, had been on his computer updating codes and what not. I made myself known " aye. " I lightly said. He jumped almost " oh, hey there. " he said seriously. The conveyed message of his body language said he had bad news and it was hard for him to even began to say " What's up, Stark? " I asked with stress beginning to build up " Well." He said, walking close to me " Marco's court date is in a week. And, " he stopped to think about his response, my mind already darkening with each letter of Marco's name. Tony sighed, but it wasn't of relief. I couldn't control my micro expressions, My eyes burned slightly, but I forced myself not to cry. Tony stepped closer " In order to ensure that he will never see the light of day... You will need to testify. " I scoffed " Doesn't the fact that I have Iron man in my corner, satisfied them enough?" I asked, trying to hold some sense of dignity " I wish it were, But to make sure I can send him to the worst prison you can think of, in a windowless cell, the legal team needs this." he said softly, I backed away " Alright fine. " I turned around, ready to walk out and pretend everything was fine. I felt a hand land on my shoulder and warmth, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around, my eyes had begun to burn insanely, it was almost unbearable.  Tony stood in front of me, I rolled my eyes " Something else?" I asked, quite salty at that " Its not your fault. " I scoffed " can we skip the whole newfound sympathy, please.  " I asked, in a sorta salty way.  He didn't say anything.  Suddenly, he embraced me. Instead of freaking out, i fell into it. Trust me it was on purpose, I felt weak for doing so. 

He tightened the hug, which felt nice. He took a deep breath " It's not your fault, clay. " I scoffed, and tried to push away, but it was impossible. My eyes began to burn, I can't let him see me cry.  He repeated " It's not your fault, Its okay, let it out, kid. " my eyes burned insanely at this point. My vision starts to blur, tears started to free fall. I just gave in, I have to admit, it was a nice feeling.