Chapter 21 - Sending-Off

---

Teng Shang didn't know the Empress was Teng Yun, so of course he felt nothing when he saw her. He greeted the Empress, and that was that. Only Teng Yun felt uncomfortable.

The two of them entered the main hall together. Jiang Yu shook his head. By His Majesty's attitude, Jiang Yu could guess His Majesty was thinking there was another man in the Empress' heart. Although Teng Shang and Her Majesty didn't know each other, by these several encounters, Jiang Yu could clearly see His Majesty was very antagonistic towards Teng Shang.

After all, Jiang Yu had also heard what Teng Qianyi had said.

Jiang Yu meant to support this well-behaved Empress, but he was also powerless. The Empress' appearance had become so much better in a short time, it was inevitable she'd attract rumors and slanders.

Xue Junliang saw the Empress and Teng Shang came in together and his heart began feeling upset. He, as the king, often said he would deeply love all and every one of his wives and consorts. But in reality, it was a lie, because he, like any other kings, had this one common flaw. He was the highest ruler; everything under the sky was his, including this one wife.

Xue Junliang invited Teng Yun to sit next to him. Smiling, he said, "How come you two entered together?"

Teng Yun said, "We just met at the door."

Xue Junliang kept smiling as he glanced at Jiang Yu. Jiang Yu promptly nodded once, indicating that it was so and the Empress was telling the truth.

Xue Houyang's character was simple and honest, but he and Xue Wang had always been close since they were children. He was the one who knew Xue Wang the most. Watching Xue Junliang's smile, Xue Houyang couldn't help being nervous. He racked his brain trying to find a way to tell Teng Shang to be cautious; to not do anything that might make Xue Wang suspicious. Because that would be very dangerous.

Xue Country's former king had passed away, Xue Junliang and Xue Houyang's mother also passed away early. Xue Wang was the senior of the two brothers, therefore Xue Houyang and Teng Shang would pour tea for Xue Wang and the Empress.

After having tea, Xue Junliang didn't insist the new couple should stay. He talked a few things then let them go back.

Xue Junliang didn't mention Teng Shang anymore, instead said, "I have a bit of a free time. Go for a walk with me?"

Jiang Yu was very perceptive. He immediately ordered servants to bring over two fur cloaks, which he then helped Xue Wang into one. Xue Junliang personally helped Teng Yun to put on the other cloak.

Xue Junliang led them walk around with no specific destination in mind. A group of maidservants followed behind; carrying some wine and fruit plates.

Xue Junliang said, "Marquis Wannian's wedding is all wrapped up, we could no longer delay preparing for Aifei's visitation to Feng Country. What time do you think you want to go?"

"Whenever Your Majesty deems appropriate."

Xue Junliang nodded. At once, his mood was lighter because of the Empress' answer. Yet, that wasn't the answer he was waiting for. He was waiting for the Empress to say honestly what she wanted. If she said she didn't want to go, Xue Junliang would not allow her to go.

On the other hand, Teng Yun was waiting for Xue Junliang to allow him to go...

[T/N : LOL. These two's minds were always the complete opposite.]

Xue Junliang said, "Aifei seems to be down lately, is it because the pain on your face has recurred?"

Teng Yun kept his gaze on the ground, trying to look respectful as he said, "Chen-qie just feel a little under the weather. The pain on my face is now a lot better."