Chapter 35 - Strategy

---

Zhao Lu only stared at Feng Ming and said nothing. At first, Feng Ming was able to return the his gaze, but then he looked away. His heart still couldn't let go of this man completely, Feng Ming was afraid if he looked at Zhao Lu too long, his heart would just give in.

Zhao Lu chuckled and then turned to go.

Only at this time, Feng Ming finally found back his voice. He said lowly, "Lord Marquis, wait a minute."

"Does Your Majesty still have more order?" Zhao Lu said without even turning around.

Feng Ming looked up at Zhao Lu's back. Finally, he sighed and said, "Gu plans to visit Ming River for about a month."

"Ming River..." Zhao Lu couldn't help repeated; seemingly lost in a thought. This place was where the two of them first met, though Feng Ming might not know it. That year, he went to Ming River and saw Feng Ming. At that time, Zhao Lu was still young, his family and relatives were still alive.

Feng Ming said, "Today, the court officials presented a case, Ming River's dam had been broken for many years and the refugees' condition is becoming quite a problem. Gu wants to go and see the place. The matters in the capital city will be handled by you."

Zhao Lu paused, and then nodded, "This subject will do my best."

Then he stepped out of the room.

Rui Xue aas waiting outside Feng Wang's residence. She hoped Lord Marquis had met with Feng Wang and reconciled. But then she saw Zhao Lu coming out with a cold expression on his face.

Actually, the two hadn't only fought once or twice. When Zhao Lu had just entered officialdom and wasn't yet a Marquis Zhulu, his temper was rather cold and curt. He only said what he wanted to say. Feng Wang always had to protect him, otherwise, Zhao Lu would have been already avoided by the crowd.

At that time, Zhao Lu was still very young and very bold, and Feng Wang had just risen to the throne. The two of them were similarly hard-headed. If Feng Wang hadn't treated Zhao Lu so sincerely, these two closed-off people wouldn't be together until today.

But seeing that Lord Marquis' mood wasn't good, Rui Xue who had always been good at reading people, immediately knew maybe this time, the iron-hearted Da Wang didn't want to bow down any more.

When Zhao Lu returned to his residence, he locked himself in his room. He didn't come out for lunch nor dinner, and the servants didn't dare hovering too close to his door.

Rui Xue paced for a few rounds outside Zhao Lu's room but in the end decided against knocking the door. As she was about to leave, she heard Zhao Lu's voice calling her in.

Rui Xue pushed the door open. The room was very dark so Rui Xue lit the candles. She found Zhao Lu standing by the window but couldn't guess what he was thinking about.

Zhao Lu said, "There's a letter on the table. Help me send it."

Rui Xue did as ordered. As she picked up the letter, Zhao Lu said again, "Go quickly and return as quickly. Remember, the content of the letter is not something you're allowed to see."

"This servant understood."

Rui Xue hurriedly went out of her master's room. She changed her clothes and disguised herself before went out of the residence. Rui Xue had always been in charge of Zhao Lu's letters. She was Marquis Zhulu's most trusted aide, but also Feng Wang's most favorite servant. No one dared to suspect her or stop her.

When Rui Xue exited the back door, she finally couldn't help herself. Reaching out inside her pocket, she carefully took out the letter.

Her master had needed all day long to write this letter. Rui Xue knew she should not read it but still she opened it. A quick read later, her hands shook so violently she almost dropped the letter to the ground .