Chapter 37 - Official Seal

---

Xue Yu's action in killing the captive prisoners passed down and into people's ears. Not only court officials, but also the common people in the entire capital city, were alarmed by the action.

Common people's minds were always simple, they couldn't know politic and elaborate intricacies of the Imperial Court. Therefore, if a subordinate acted a certain way, they thought it was according to Da Wang's order.

In the end of the day, Xue Junliang suddenly became a tyrant who was being scorned by people...

Xue Junliang realized Marquis Zhenjiang's 'good intention' and had to laugh out loud. He really had underestimated Xue Yu. This brother of his was no longer a little prince wanting to stay alive, but a tiger who had already grown and now begun thinking about what to hunt and to eat.

Xue Junliang had been asking the Empress' help in solving the small county matter and the transportation of army supplies, so he asked her again about this Xue Yu's trouble.

However, Teng Yun didn't want to help Xue Junliang. He helped solving Cheng Tian and Zou Zhenying's attack because he could gain his own benefits; not only he had completely memorized Xue Country's layout, he also got news about Teng Shang from the front lines.

But if asked to help taking care of Xue Country's people and politics, even if Teng Yun knew the solutions, he didn't want to tell Xue Junliang; they were after all still enemies.

Teng Yun said, "Chen-qie only came upon some unusual books and therefore knew a little about military laws and strategies, but if asked about important matters like politics and people's hearts, Chen-qie really has no knowledge and doesn't dare saying anything."

Xue Junliang was stunned by this 'modesty' and realized his Empress was a master at trading; if the trade would not give her any advantage, she would not do anything.

Yet Xue Junliang didn't insist. He only asked for the Empress' opinion because he was looking forward to whatever surprises she would give him this time. As for the common people's speculations, he was one to prepare umbrellas even before knowing it was going to rain.

Xue Wang sent people to the northern border, berating Xue Yu for acting violently and demanding that, within a few days, Xue Yu had to send Zou Zhenying's body to the capital city.

People were puzzled. Zou Zhenying's head had already been hung on the county gate, and because the weather was harsher in the north, the head would already been severely deformed in just a few short days.

Xue Yu didn't think it was a big deal. He let people take down Zou Zhenying's head from the gate and find a body, no matter whose, and then send the body and the head to the capital city.

When Xue Junliang opened the package box, all the officials present almost vomited right then and there; the rancid smell of rotting flesh filled the entire court hall.

Xue Junliang put on a mournful mask as if he was regretting the loss of a formidable person. He arranged a burial ceremony for Zou Zhenying according Xue Country's customs. Although Zou Zhenying wasn't from Xue Country, he had once invaded into Xue Country territory and therefore considered a very talented man. Xue Wang was a person who always appreciated people with talents; if only Zou Zhenying was still alive, Xue Wang could use his talent and the man's life would not just end like this.

Xue Junliang also ordered not to kill any of Zou Zhenying's remaining family members and that the local government would be responsible for providing them support.

People with deeper mind would think Xue Wang's move was vicious and hypocritical, but it had indeed appeased common people's heart; letting them think that Xue Wang didn't intend it to happen like this and that he wasn't as merciless as people thought.