vii. THE FIGHTING

AS THE trio walked around the store, they walk towards the same part of the store, looking at the same thing. A bear trap. Nancy looks back at Icarus and Jonathan, the Byers boy doesn't speak as he raised his eyebrows. A grin spread across Icarus' face however, "fuck yeah."

At the counter, Nancy sets all the items they've gathered down as Icarus sets the bear trap down. "And I'll have four boxes of the .38s." Jonathan says to the worker and so the man walks over to the bullets below the sign that said GUNS. Icarus stared at the sign before looking at the man who sets the bullets down. "What are you kids doing with all this?" He asks and Icarus glances down at their items scattered across the counter.

"Um.." Jonathan said as he looks at Nancy and Icarus on the right side of him. "Monster hunting." Nancy said as she looked up at the man. "Huh." The man scoffed and Icarus smiled. "She's totally kidding. It's for a school project." He says and Nancy looked down with a smile on her face.

Outside, the three teens approach the car as Jonathan looks at Nancy. "Monster hunting?" He asked and Icarus chuckled as he opens the trunk of the car to help Jonathan put the box of items in. "You know, last week.. I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all week." Nancy said as Icarus sets the gas tank into the trunk of the car. "It seemed like life or death, you know?" She said with a grin at the two.

"And.. and now—" "You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and Icarus Blood." He says as he looks at Nancy who looked at them both. "Yeah." She says, almost not believing it before Jonathan closed the trunk. "What's the weirdest part? Me, Icarus or the bear trap?" Jonathan said before looking at Nancy as Icarus smacks his arm.

"Hey, I'm not that bad." He says as Nancy smiled. "Jonathan. It's definitely you." She says and Icarus chuckled at that. "Hey, Nance!" The two look over at the boy driving by in a red car. "Can't wait to see your movie." He said as he grinned and Icarus furrowed his brows, confused at that.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Nancy says then turns around. "What?" Icarus says as she looks at her, she walks away but then stops for a second. "What is it?" Jonathan asked then she is walking away again. "Hey, where are you going!?" Jonathan said then he and Icarus are running after her.

"Nancy, wait!" Jonathan shots when she started running. They run after her until she stopped in front of the theatres. Icarus noticed the sign and sighed, stopping beside her. He reached up, grabbing her arm, "what the fuck?" He whispers as she read it. ALL THE RIGHT MOVES was the title of the movie playing, and STARRING NANCY THE SLUT WHEELER was written with it.

"I can't believe it." One of the workers said in anger. "These kids!" Said the other in the same frustrated tone. "Jesus.." Jonathan said as Nancy sighed, looking around. Everyone was looking, then she heard a spraycan hissing and a familiar laugh. She walked away and Icarus looks at her.

"Wait!" Jonathan said to her but she kept walking away anyway. "Tommy, you write like a three-year-old." Millicent said as she stood with Steve, Nicole and Tommy. "Shut up." Tommy said to his girlfriend. "I didn't know you could spell." Nicole said as Nancy is walking further into the alley. "Aw! Hey there, princess!" Millicent said to Nancy who had fury building up in her, not only at Steve but also at her for letting this happen.

"Uh-oh! She looks upset." Tommy said as Nancy stopped in front of Steve, then she raised her hand and slapped him in the face. "Oh!" Millicent and Nicole exclaimed loudly as Tommy shouted, "damn!" Steve looks back at Nancy.

"What is wrong with you?!" She exclaimed, not only did he publicly deface her name but he also cheated on her, though she couldn't be that mad about that one seeing how she had done the same with the girl standing just a foot away. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? I was worried about you." He says. "I can't believe I was actually worried about you." He said ten scoffed, looking away.