Do As I Say My Little Puppets

I OWN NOTHING BUT THE STORY

"Paul! I can't do this anymore!" Peyton yelled. "I can't fall in love with Riley and and then just break her heart!"

"Well, Peyton I am terribly sorry, but this is reality television. And running away and marrying your first love is not reality."

"I can't do it. I won't do it."

"You will do as I say!" Paul yelled. "Besides, it's not like the feelings are real. They are staged. You feel nothing."

Peyton looked down sadly.

"I do feel something." He whispered.

"You wouldn't know how to feel. You are an actor in a fake world. You're ungallant and deficient. You are just a boy." Paul spat.

Peyton stormed out of the workroom.

"Sir." Corey said timidly. "I feel too."

"You cannot possibly feel Corey! There isn't an option for feelings."

"But you said that you wanted this show to be real. To be true. Feelings are real. They are the only thing I know for sure that are real in this world." Corey sighed.

"Corey. Enough. You cannot fall for Maya. It isn't in the script." Paul yelled exasperated.

"Well maybe, I don't want to be in the script then." Corey gritted through his teeth.

Corey was never one to be confrontational. He was a clam 13 year old boy, who kept to himself mostly. His only real friends were Peyton and Olivia. He was frustrated that he had a staged friendship with two girls whom he loved so much.

He left the room quietly.

Olivia waited before saying something.

"Mr. Smith. I sort of see where they are coming from." She started.

"ENOUGH OLIVIA!" He roared.

"I don't remember when you became so despicable." She whispered before running out of the room.

Paul sighed. He realized he became like his late old boss, Edward. Obsessed. But, there wasn't anything he could do. The world wanted what the world wanted.

"Olivia! It okay!" Corey cooed.

"We can't be real people!" She cried. "I won't ever have a friendship with Maya and Riley. You guys are lucky, you have friends in the plastic world."

"I would hardly call it that." Peyton said as he paced around the break room.

They all say quietly. Their headsets beeped.

Paul's voice came across all the extras in New York City.

"Maya and Riley are going to the movies. Build the set as quick as possible. Extras go to stage 3 and wait for action. Peyton, Corey, and Olivia. My office now."

The three friends sighed and walked to Paul's office. When they arrived Peyton threw the door open.

"What?" He said impatiently.

"Peyton. Talk to me with respect please. I am your boss. Not the other way around."

"How can we be puppets to you, good old pal?" Peyton asked sarcastically.

"You. Are going to ask Riley out on a date to the movies."

Peyton's heart fluttered.

"And you will kiss her and ask her to be her girlfriend."