the stairs | chapter 18

Y/n's POV

The bell had gone a couple minutes ago, signalling the end of the lunch.

I leaned against the tall stone wall, stood on a ledge to see above the thick crowds of chatty students.

The crowds calm down quickly, with only a few stragglers scattered throughout the corridors. Just as I expected, Jungkook is one of them.

He is walking with Taehyung, who on noticing the lack of students filling the corridors sprints towards his classroom. He shook his head that the boy, calling goodbye to him. As he turned around we made eye contact. Finally.

I gave him a look, trying to tell him I needed to speak to him. He seemed to get the idea and headed in my direction.

"What?" He says bluntly, looking around him to make sure no one is watching. I was taken back by his attitude, what happened to the Jungkook I was with yesterday?

"Okay then, nice to see you too, Lupins letting us use his class meet me there at 6," I told him. He nodded his head reluctantly, "fine." and walked away.

I guess some things are just too good to come true.

~ 5:50pm ~

Once I realised the time I quickly sat up in my bed and reached for my shoes. After trying them I go up and ran out of the dorm room, grabbing my books as I go, fast as light. However, before I managed to reach the steps of the spiral stairs down to the common room I ran into someone.

"Oh sorry-" I looked up, and saw Jungkook. I knew we couldn't leave the common room at the same time, and due to his face, he knew it too. We looked at each other, holding eye contact for a solid 5 seconds before we both went for it.

We both ran down the stairs, pushing and shoving each other down through the narrow walls, and creating a much bigger scene than we should have. When we got to the bottom I was once again pushed and ended up almost decking it into the common room, luckily for us, there were no students.

However, that doesn't last long as 3 boys wander in, who despite being in the year below us, knew fine well about the way Jungkook treated me. The whole school did.

Suddenly I feel the mountain of heavy books in my arms fly up and scatter around the room. I turn to Jungkook, confused. He stands with a smirk on his face and walks away, bumping into my shoulder as he passes.

I don't know why I'm still surprised, I should be used to this by now.

I can still feel the presence of the 3 boys behind me, and their sympathetic eyes. They walk past me, stepping over the books. The last boy handed me one with a small smile on his face. "Thanks," I muttered, returning the smile.

I collected the rest of my books, by which time I was thoroughly ready to slap Mr Jeon Jungkook, who was probably sitting in Professor Lupins warm classroom, and eating a snack peacefully, as I clean up his mess.

I made my way out the door, down the many staircases and through the corridors until I ended up standing right in front of the large door of Lupin's classroom.

Jungkook's POV

I sat in the class waiting for Y/n to come back. I had already got all my books out my bag and I had nothing to do. Looking in my bag again I find an apple. Perfect, a snack.

[ Wayhayhay an update! okay it's not the best but let me live, have a good day lol ]