what just happened? | chapter 19

Y/n's POV

I slam the large classroom door open, shutting it behind me again with a bang.

"Really!?"

Jungkook jumps slightly, his head snapping round in my direction. His cheeks still full of what I presume is the other half of the apple lying on his desk.

"I mean- what the fuck Jeon?!" At this point, I was beyond angry at him. I'm not an angry person, even when I try to be, Jimin can assure you of that. But at this moment all I want to do is drag him into the great hall and hang him by his cloak to a chandelier, and just let him hang there, powerless and humiliated like he's made me feel too many times before.

Just one look at Jungkooks face made my clam down, I'm not sure if it was because I could tell he regrets what he did or if something about it just made me relax. Either way, it calmed me enough to listen.

"Listen, I'm sorry okay! We're not exactly best friends, people would as questions if I just left you be" He strained.

I just stared at him blankly

"... you are such a dick you know that right?" I said, hitting him lightly with one of my books, he grabbed his arm playfully acting as if it hurt. "C'mon, let's just get this over with"

~ an hour and a bit later ~

I notice Jungkook has been getting quiet, and he hasn't made any smart-arsed comments in a while. Its been bugging me more and more.

"Jungkook?" I turn to look at him. He is sat next to me, staring blankly at the page in front of him. His dark hair lay over his eyes and I couldn't help but admire his side profile... I need to stop. He looks up at me through his hair.

Jungkook's POV

I just stared at her but snapped back into reality when she speaks again, "Jungkook I can tell somethings wrong, I'm not dumb, tell me" She turns her whole body to face me, tucking her legs in a basket. I smile slightly, remembering back to our younger years, she was always this kind. Even after all these years shes still the girl I knew in primary school. Still cute.

I feel so guilty, about everything, and especially about what happened earlier. I've been cold towards her all day because I felt I had to, I have a 'reputation' as Tae would call it. Fuck my reputation.

Y/n's POV

I was about to open my mouth again when suddenly Jungkooks face was only an inch away from mine. In a split second his soft lips are on mine. My heart does flips inside my chest, but I don't know why. He kisses me gently but by the time I realised what was happening he pulled away.

As he moved back into his seat I noticed the smile he was attempting to cover up, clearly, he wasn't doing a very good job. He turns back to his work, picking up his quill and looks up at me.

I stare at him, with a confused look about what just happened moments before.

"Can you teach me then?" He says, cheekily smiling at me. I guess I'm just going to ignore what just happened. I can't help but smile back as I go back to reading the words from the textbook.

The kiss is still stuck at the front of my mind, but I can't figure out why he would have done it. And I also can't figure out this feeling in my heart... I don't like him right? no no no I cant