announcement | chapter 28

Y/n's POV

Breakfast continued until Professor Dumbledore stood up in front of the podium. Before he even spoke the hall fell into almost complete silence. The excitement and tension growing as the seconds past, getting closer and closer to the teams being revealed until he finally spoke.

"Good morning students! I can see, you are all very excited to hear the results of this year's Quidditch tryouts!" A couple "whoop"'s could be heard from a few obnoxious Gryffindor 2nd years.

"We will start with Slytherin's team, and may I invite them to stand upon hearing their name!: ..."

He read through the names, now about halfway through and Yoongi began to get worried, "I've not made it, it'll be for punching him" "no, no no they have to choose you" I assured him.

"...
And finally, of course, Min Yoongi!"

The table erupted in cheers for their team as Yoongi stood up, and Jimin and I did too, despite the fact we're from different houses.

"Told you! Your too good to not play" I told him with a proud smile on my face.

"Next, Gryffindor:
... [   sorry lol I can't be bothered coming up with names lmao   ]

...

...

Kim Taehyung,

...

Jeon Jungkook,

And, last but certainly not least, Y/n L/n!"

The whole Gryffindor table erupts into chaos, and I can hear Tae screeching even though he is two tables away.

As I stand up I look up towards the teachers' table, immediately catching the eyes of McGonagall. She doesn't like us not sitting at our house tables.

I didn't want to bug her, especially after yesterday so I quickly ran and slipped in between Jungkook and Tae, both of them grinned at me and giving me high fives which left my hands stinging.

I stayed there until we were told to sit back down, then snuck back to the corner of the room to celebrate with my friends.

The headmaster called out the remaining two teams and waiting for everyone to calm down.

"Now before the bell rings and you all go to class, I wish to announce that the date of the first match of the year has been confirmed! Tomorrow, at 4 pm, Gryffindor VS Slytherin!"

The students once again erupt in cheers and people already start betting on who will win.

"I hope you don't take it too badly when I catch that snitch," I said, turning to Yoongi, who smirks.

"Hmm sure you will, honey, sure you will"

With that, the bell rings and the crowds disperse through the large door and into the various classrooms all over the school.

I had a free period so I just moved over to the Gryffindor table to study there instead. I see Jungkook also has a free period.

He is sitting on the bench, hunched up over the little set of cards I gave him to study with.

"To other people, it might look like your obsessed with those cards, a bit creepy," I said, giving him a fright.

He held his heart, turning to me "Jeez don't do that!," I laughed at him, "I need to pass this test..."

"Let's go to the library then, I'll help you!" I said grabbing his arm and pulling him up. He smiled and we walked back through the corridors and into the library.

We had our own little self proclaimed spot in the library, a booth hidden way in the back. No one could see it and barely anyone was anywhere near it at any point in the day.

I helped him study for the whole period, but unfortunately, we lost concentration towards the end and just talked up to the bell rang. Signalling break.

[   I wrote these next bunch of chapters like two weeks ago and I'm high-key, not happy with them but I have no fucking motivation so yolo. Oh my god though this book has like 2K reads???? when did this happen?? haha! Thank you, everyone, for keeping up with the updates and stuff and reading every chapter, I appreciate it! Anyway, have a good day!   ]