tryouts pt.2 | chapter 25

~time skip: 4 pm~

It's about 30 minutes into the game, and that boy is still watching Y/n and Jungkook. He's not paying any attention at all to the game, stupid.

I can't talk though, I'm getting distracted by him getting distracted. I watched him as he watched them. I was at the other end of the pitch from where they what were sat, watching as Jungkook took off his cloak and draped it over Y/n's shivering shoulders, I rolled my eyes at the action, ew.

This interaction clearly angered the boy, what a creep he doesn't even know her. But what happened next shocked me even more.

He was glaring at Jungkook, I could almost feel it and I was floating way above him. He was gripping onto his bat so hard that his knuckles turned white.

A bludger flew toward him, and he raised his bat back and hit it with so much force that the hard wooden bat cracked all the way down its middle.

I would have been a good shot, a very good shot if it wasn't so obviously aimed for Jungkook.

I immediately froze. I knew it wasn't aimed at her but Y/n was definitely going to get hit. The whole world stopped for what felt like hours.

Luckily Jungkook spotted it and with wide, shocked eyes he pulled himself and Y/n out of the way just in time. I'll give it to the boy, he has great reflexes.

Y/n's POV

I have no idea what just happened, I only know that something almost hit us and now Jungkook and I are curled up on the floor, his arm around me protectively.

We look at each other in shock, then behind us at the massive fucking hole that is right where I was sitting moments ago, then back to each other and finally in the direction the ball came from, at the boy who hit it.

I snap out of the trance of confusion I was in to hear the whole team shouting at him.

We watch as the boy flew down to the ground, and tried to leave the pitch, followed by Yoongi, who is burning with anger. Oh god.

He chased after the boy, catching up with him.

"Yo dude! What the fuck!?" He grabs the boy by his collar and punches him square in the face.

Yoongis teammates surround him and grab him off the boy, holding him back from him.

"Goddamn it Min Yoongi," I said to myself, grabbing my broomstick from next to me and jumping on it, letting Jungkook on the back.

I flew us down as fast as I could, jumping off the broom and running straight towards Yoongi.

"I wasn't trying to hit her I was aiming for him-" Yoongi didn't let him finish before he shouted again.

"That doesn't matter! It was headed straight for her-!"

"Yoongi stop" I walked straight up to him. He immediately calmed down seeing I was okay. His teammates went with the other boy to Snape's office where he'd be dealt with properly.

He pulls me into the tightest hug, and checked me over, asking every two seconds if I was okay. I smiled, I loved when he was all soft and concerned about me or Jimin, it's cute.

"Yes, yes Yoongles I'm fine," I said as I pulled away from our 7 millionth hug. Perfectly timed one of Yoongi's teammates came back and told us that Snape and McGonagall wanted to see us in Snape's office.

I nodded, but first turned back to fly up and get my things "Sure let me just get my stuff-" I was interrupted by Jungkook who held my bags up in front of me, smiling, "I already got them". I smiled back in thanks and took them from him.

We all walked back into the castle, with me in the middle and the boys on either side of me. We walked through the castle, down into the dungeon and knocked on the door of Snape's office.

McGonagall opened the door in a hurry, looking me and Jungkook over, "Oh thank god you weren't hurt" We smiled slightly at the concern in her voice.

"Yes yes, it's quite lovely Minerva, now can we get back to this please"

[   yeet   ]