‹ s e v e n ›

" hey taeil? " kyung mi murmured, her eyes fixed on the pavement, walking side by side with taeil

" hmm? " taeil hummed, looking up to face her.

" do you think..o-okay this is a really random question so don't make fun of me" y/n chuckled. 

" do you think there's a teeny tiny chance that yuta might like me back? like in the future perhaps. i mean,,he doesn't even know me that well right now.. " kyung mi bit her lip, her mind wandering off somewhere.

taeil gulped, looking up at the slightly dim sky instead. 

" um yeah..probably? " taeil mumbled.

definitely 

of course yuta would fall in love with kyung mi if they knew each other better

101%

and yuta would fall hard

and it'll be too late for taeil then

he won't have a chance with kyung mi anymore

" he probably has many girlfriends right? " kyung mi asked, noticing taeil's sudden sad state.

" yeah..probably " taeil replied, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans while staring into blank space.

" hey, why are you spacing out so much these days? you okay? " kyung mi smiled worriedly, nudging his shoulder with hers.

" oh do you have a fever maybe? " kyung mi felt taeil's forehead using the back of her palm, genuinely concerned for her best friend.

holding onto kyung mi's wrist, he pulled her hand away gently, giving a reassuring smile.

" im fine y/n. really "

kyung mi observed taeil's eyes closely, her heart feeling uneasy somehow.

it was obvious that taeil's eyes were filled with sadness, but why was he hiding it from her?

kyung mi suddenly felt hopeless, knowing that even her best friend didn't want to share his pain with her. she didn't want him to suffer alone. she wanted to help him.

" taeil are you- "

" let's just enjoy this party okay? we'll have fun and make unforgettable memories. this is your chance to get closer to yuta right? make it count! you can do it! i believe in you mimi ^^ " taeil forced a smile, showing kyung mi a fist of encouragement.

kyung mi suddenly didn't feel like going to the party anymore. she felt sick. she felt like a terrible friend for some reason. she had seen that smile before. the smile he used when he bumped into his aunt he didn't like and had to be respectful either way. the smile he used when he had a really bad day but had to smile for the class photo. she didn't like that smile at all.

" mm..i will! but you must have fun too okay? " kyung mi looked up to taeil with bright eyes.

" i'll try to? " taeil chuckled, ruffling his own hair.

soon after, they were at the doorstep of yuta's house. it was only 6pm and there were wasted people lying on the grass and the porch. loud disco music can be heard blasting  from the inside and there was basically people everywhere. 

taeil and kyung mi suddenly felt so out of place, being the only one there who were so well-dressed and clear-headed.

" there is..a lOT of people.. " taeil murmured, his eyes wide open as he scanned the area in front of the house and the main door which was wide open.

" i can see that..dumbass " kyung mi answered, as astonished as taeil was.

it was their first time going to such parties so they were still not used to the environment.

" yoOoOO, you guys came! " yuta suddenly appeared out of nowhere, his signature smile on his handsome face.

he didn't look wasted or drunk and his breath didn't stink either, so they assumed that yuta probably hadn't drank yet.

" yeap we came~ " kyung mi grinned, more than happy to see yuta standing in front of her.

kyung mi and taeil honestly expected yuta to be have messy hair and unkempt clothes because of the wild party he threw, but he proved them wrong.

yuta still looked as charming as always, his slightly styled hair and bright smile - easily capturing any girl's heart.

" ahh im so glad you both came. i had a feeling you wouldn't. cmon now let's go in!! the party is honestly lit af " yuta cheered, pulling taeil and kyung mi into the house - filled with people dancing, chatting and even a few couples making out at the sides. 

the moment they entered, a fresh wave of alcohol travelled into their nostrils, making the both of them squish their faces in disgust.

" look around. pretty cool right? you guys can roam around and do whatever you like. just- just don't go the bedrooms. please. just don't. it won't be a great sight i promise you that. anYWAY- have fun and find me if you need anything " yuta increased his volume a bit, so that he could be heard despite the deafening music.

" sure do. thanks bro " taeil gave a firm nod.

" oh yeah and, can i talk to you for a bit bro? just..the two of us. if that's okay with you kyung mi? " yuta asked politely, waiting for kyung mi's response.

" oh-oh yeah sure. of course " 

" will you be okay alone ? " taeil questioned worriedly, his forehead creasing slightly.

" mhm. i'll be fineeee. don't worry about me " kyung mi reassured taeil with a confident smile.

" okay then. don't get into trouble " taeil warned kyung mi with a chuckle.

" pftt im a good girl. i never get into trouble " 

rolling his eyes, taeil eventually left with yuta to talk privately, leaving kyung mi alone.

' i. feel. so socially akward right now ' kyung mi thought to herself, lowkey having a mental breakdown for being a loner while literally everyone else were  socialising.

finding a nice spot on the couch where not many people were at, kyung mi took a seat and fished her phone out her bag.

' it is now time for me to act like i actually have friends and a social life '

--

yukhei's birthday is in 4 days !!! 🥰 mark your calendars hoes ❌