‹ e l e v e n ›

" what's wrong? got something on your mind? " yuta tilted his head to the side in curiosity, observing how quiet kyung mi was being the entire time

it was so not like her

" h-huh? oh, y-yeah " kyung mi licked her lips, slowly stirring her ice lemon tea using her metal straw as her mind wandered off again.

" hey. you can talk to me you know. i'm here to listen " yuta gently patted her lonely hand resting on the cafe table.

" thanks yuta. but- i'm fine. just..occupied with my thoughts that's all " kyung mi muttered, taking another sip from her cup.

" it's about you and taeil isn't it? you guys fought? " yuta stated, as if he could read her mind.

" h-how'd you know? " kyung mi looked up in suprise.

" well..taeil seemed a bit off too yesterday. he replied my texts with one word answers and he didn't pick up my calls. of course i can sense when my best buddy is feeling down. you're not your bubbly self either " yuta explained.

" weren't you guys acquaintances just a week ago? since when were you guys considered best buddies? " kyung mi creased her forehead, genuinely confused.

" let's just say we got along pretty well and we spent a lot of time together in the past week. " 

" ah i see.. " kyung mi hummed, proceeding to take out her assessment books from her bag.

" moving on..you wanna start studying now? did you bring your bio notes? " kyung mi continued, a pen already in her hand.

" yeah we should. and yes i did bring them ma'am " yuta chuckled, pulling out a stack of scribbled notes out of his backpack.

giggling, y/n skimmed through yuta's notes before opening her biology textbook.

" good. let's start " 

📖

two hours have passed. 

the smell of caffeine and sweet desserts continued to linger under their noses.

kyung mi had been so occupied with her revision that she didn't even adjust her posture even once. the only thing moving was her eyes and her hands.

meanwhile, yuta was distracted.

he only managed to last a solid 15 minutes before he got occupied with his own interesting thoughts.

fiddling with his mechanical pencil, he looked up to face kyung mi, who was still focused on bio.

kyung mi was a sweet girl,,

with a fun and bubbly personality 

and also, taeil's best friend 

there was actually a lot to like about her

so why was it so hard?

why was it so hard for him to admit that he likes kyung mi?

maybe it was because his very own close friend has a crush on her

and it wasn't just any close friend

it was taeil

taeil loves kyung mi so much

but he can never accept the fact that he would be enough for her

and that's why

taeil's biggest hope for yuta, was to make kyung mi happy, on his behalf 

yuta felt pressured, but he wants taeil to be happy. and kyung mi to be happy.

yuta owed taeil a lot and he had always been yuta's role model, he had to do something in return 

and besides, yuta did take a fancy on kyung mi in the first place, so it would just take more hangouts to fall in love with her right?

" bro,,i know i'm pretty but you don't have to stare so much " kyung mi's voice interrupted his thoughts as he snapped back to reality.

" o-oh oops " yuta blushed, scratching the back of his neck.

" also urm, do you happen to be free next sunday? i've got two tickets to the carnival and taeil told me you love going to carnivals " he added, pulling out the tickets from his backpack swiftly.

" well, he's definitely not wrong. i do love carnivals " kyung mi grinned, making yuta smile.

" so..it's a date? " yuta gulped, fiddling with his fingers as he awaited kyung mi's answer.

" if you say so " kyung mi blushed, trying to hide her flushed face with her hoodie in her arms.

" i'll text you the date and time okayy " yuta smiled.

" mhm! " kyung mi nodded enthusiastically, which yuta found very adorable.

soon after, yuta's ringtone started playing, indicating that someone was calling him.

" imma go take the call "  yuta informed kyung mi before standing up and leaving the cafe.

leaning onto the entrance of the cozy cafe, yuta picked up the call calmly, a smile plastered on his face.

" yo, so how'd it go? " the voice on the other side of call asked.

" i did it! i asked her out and she said yes " yuta squealed internally, cringing at himself.

" you're gonna confess right? on the date to the carnival? " 

" mhm! i'm pretty nervous, but i think i got this. i've already prepared for it hehe " 

" okie dokie good luck dude. i wish you all the best. she better end up accepting your confession or i'll strangle you " the guy on the line joked, making yuta chuckle.

" oh i'm so scared!1!1 " 

" bastard "

" heh. talk to you again soon, i've gotta go " 

" alright. bye "

" bye bye taeil my bro " 

--

💤🌗😴🌟 a l l  i  w a n t  t o  d o  i s  s l e e p  💤🌗😴🌟