‹ n i n e ›

" taeil? "

" taeil? "

" kyung mi? what's up? "

" you stupid, don't what's up me. where are you?? did you leave already? " kyung mi frowned, holding her phone next to her ear as she walked about yuta's backyard in circles.

" yeah. sorry. i wasn't feeling well so i quickly excused myself "

" you could've at least tell me before you left " 

" i'm sorry "

" are you at home? "

" mhm..why? "

" i'm coming over right this instance " 

" kyung mi don't you dare- " 

beeeeeeeeep -----___

" this troublesome woman " taeil messaged his his temples as he let out an exasperated sigh.

🌑

" i can't believe you managed to climb through my window to break into my house " taeil gave kyung mi a look while she just smiled innocently.

" that's cause you refused to let me in! " kyung mi crossed her arms and slumped onto taeil's bed.

" aren't you sad? "

" huh? why would i be sad? " 

" i mean..you're gonna miss the epic party yuta threw. i'm pretty sure you'll have much more fun there than here. weren't you the one who was so hype about it? this is your chance to get closer to yuta right? " taeil spoke slowly, leaning onto the headboard of his bed.

" honestly, i feel much better here. it's so calm and i don't constantly feel like puking with sweaty bodies everywhere and blasting music. and.. yuta did invite me to go stargazing with him in the backyard earlier "

" oh..t-that's great then! "

" i..uh..kinda sorta declined his offer the moment i found out that you went home.. haha " kyung mi scratched the back of her neck guiltily.

" you whAt?? gIRL WHY " taeil eyes grew wide as he shook y/n's shoulders violently.

" i was worried okayy. and besides, how could i possibly get out of the party well and alive without you there? you promised me you would accompany me at the party " kyung mi pouted.

" oh yeah sorry.. but i did tell yuta to- wait nevermind " taeil brushed away his thoughts.

" i'm pretty beat but, you wanna watch a movie together? you can choose if you'd like " taeil smiled warmly, throwing his remote to kyung mi as she swiftly caught it.

" OOHH have you heard of crazy rich asians?? i heard it's pretty good. can we watch that? pretty please "  kyung mi bounced up and down excitedly on the soft bed.

" yeah yeah of course. i'll prepare the snacks and you can somehow try to find the movie " taeil suggested, making kyung mi nod vigorously in response.

" thankyouuuuu " kyung mi squealed, shifting closer to the screen as she tried to find the movie she wanted.

smiling, taeil left the room and into his kitchen, to prepare all the snacks and carbonated drinks that were craved by the two.

 " by the way, what kind of popcorn you want? sweet or salty? " taeil's head appeared in the doorway.

" i want popcorn that is similar to me " kyung mi cupped her face, showing a flower pose, with a bright smile.

" i'm sorry but we don't have ugly popcorn here "

" you- ! " y/n yeeted a pillow at taeil, who managed to duck just before he was about to get hit.

" i'm kidding , kidding! " taeil chuckled.

" of course my mimi is pretty " taeil slightly blushed, before disappearing behind the door again.

rolling her eyes, kyung mi smiled like an idiot as she continued to scroll through the television.

soon after, taeil appeared with a huge bowl of tasty popcorn in one hand, and two coca-cola drinks and a packet of cheetos in the other.

clapping excitedly like a seal, kyung mi patted her side for taeil to sit.

" did you find the movie? " taeil asked, gently putting down the snacks and drinks in front of them and taking a seat beside kyung mi.

" mhm " she hummed, before turning to taeil abruptly.

" bUT before we start.. "

" hmm? " taeil opened the can of coca-cola and gulped at least one quarter down his throat.

" promise me you won't fall asleep during the movie! " kyung mi turned to face taeil with a cute expression.

" please? i really like this movie and i really really want you to watch every bit of it " kyung mi pleaded, looking at taeil with doe eyes.

taeil gulped, seeing kyung mi acting all cute makes him flustered. 

clearing his throat, he brought his hand to his face to adjust his hair , which was actually meant to cover his flushed face from kyung mi.

" i'll t-try my best " taeil nodded repeatedly, immediately facing the TV screen to avoid eye contact with kyung mi.

clapping excitedly like a seal, she sat crossed legged beside taeil and started the movie, her free hand reaching for the popcorn in front of them.

[ 20 minutes into the movie ]

" okay so one of my favourite scenes is approaching. it's the part when they're gonna introduce his family members to her and like do you know how fancy their house is?? also his mum was being such a bit-okay okay i won't spoil it for you. but for real though this scene was EPIC " kyung mi whispered to taeil while her eyes were glued onto the TV screen, with occasional hums from taeil in response.

" there look! oh my gOD my HEART. tHAT BURN. doesn't it feel a little more humid here? damn woman " kyung mi clutched her chest dramatically, just to feel taeil's head fall lightly on her shoulder.

" taeil? " she turned to her side, just to see taeil wake up abruptly and rub his eyes furiously to keep himself awake.

" i'm awake! i wasn't asleep i swear. only half awake. i'm awake.. " taeil nodded determinedly, widening his eyes slightly to watch the movie in front of him.

meanwhile, kyung mi just chuckled under her breath, seeing how much effort taeil put into just to keep his silly little promise. she didn't actually expect that taeil could last 20 minutes. since his maximum has always been just 10 minutes. 

with the corner of her lips turning into a smile,  kyung mi gently pushed down taeil's head back onto her shoulder, patting it slightly.

" you must be exhausted right? it's alright you can sleep. " 

" but- " 

" shh. i said sleep. " 

doing as he was told, he muttered a soft ' thank you mimi ' before falling into deep slumber.

smiling to herself sweetly, kyung mi combed her slender fingers through his soft hair, gently massaging his scalp and she observed taeil's peaceful sleeping face.

" hey taeil, the one i like isn't yuta you know? " kyung mi whispered, barely inaudible, even though she knew that taeil was already asleep.

 --

yOs i'm baccc. i took so long to update omg i'm such a loooser 🤹🏼‍♀️