Chapter One: Rachel Roth

*Present Day*

I woke to the rays of bright light shining through my bedroom window. The morning sunrise was so beautiful. I yawn as I stretch my limbs out, groaning at the feel good action. I blink a few times to tare away the blurry vision. I sat up slowly in my double bed, hearing the birds tweeting and singing their sweet tune. I smiled warmly to myself as I pushed the white covers off of me, cold entering the bed like an old friend. Before placing my feet onto the cream carpet, feeling the softness of it between my toes.

I walked down the stairs of the house, the floor boards creaking under my weight. I smiled as I entered the kitchen to see my parents already up and cooking breakfast.

"Good Morning, sweetie," I heard my mother say, as I sat next to her on the chair that surrounded the kitchen island.

"Good morning," I spoke with a wide smile, looking to both my parents.

"Why you so happy?" My father asked, like it was wrong to be happy but truth be told I didn't know why I was happy, it was a feeling that I have, like something special is going to happen.

"I do not know," was my only response, as my Father carried on with cooking the eggs on the oven top, in a pan. Just as he turns, he knocks into the fridge that was next to the oven. The fridge rocked with the force, and onto of the fridge was a jar that was filled with bits and bobs. It happened so fast, the jar fell from its height. But I quickly shot out my hand, a field of energy wrapped itself around the jar, inches from the floor. The purple light from the force-field shone dimly, as I lifted my hand up, the jar following suit. Before I floated it over the island, with care.

"Thank God. That's my favorite jar," my mother speak with happiness. I dropped my hand, just as I did the field, dispelled, uncasing the jar. It hit the counter top with a little force, but not enough to break it. "Thank you darling," my Mother had said as I locked eyes with her, offering a smile. As she grabbed me by my shoulder softly, pulling me into her loving embrace, placing a soft kiss upon my head.

"Breakfast!" My Father states, as he began to plate out the eggs, with toast that was going to with it. Deep down, I felt like this day was going to be special...

......................................................

After breakfast, I was now dressed, My raven hair cascaded down my back, my make-up simply and light to the eyes of everyone

After breakfast, I was now dressed, My raven hair cascaded down my back, my make-up simply and light to the eyes of everyone. My parents needed the car today, so I would have to take the bus that the student's take. However, I didn't mind, the students that I have are a bit of a hand full but I always keep them in check.

Maybe with my powers or two...

I chuckled at the thought, as I tied the scarf around my neck. I walked down the stairs, a hop in my step, with a wide smile on my face. I quickly pass my parents who just smile at me, knowing that I was going to be late. I slipped out of the front door, hearing it slam as I was already half-way down the drive. I see the bus coming down the street as few of the kids lived down my end.

I had arrived at the bus stop, as the children in front of me were completely oblivious to who I was. The bus pulls over to let the children on, as the children climb onto the bus. The driver took one look at me and wore a boyish grin.

"The bus again Miss Young?" he spoke with a raised eyebrow.

"Parents needed the car," I said, while stepping on the bus as he closed the door behind me, giving me a smile.

"Your too kind, you know," he said with a smile on his face, like there wasn't many people who were kind anymore.

"Being kind is in my blood," I smiled back at with a nod of my head, before going down the small path way of sorts, to take a free seat. A boy that I knew who was called Matt gave me a nod of his head, gesturing a greeting to me. The bus jerked forward as I just sat down, it was going to be a long bus ride with these kids.

After a few more stops and long winding roads, we were half-way to the school. I had just stared out of the window of the bus most of the time, but students had greeted me which I replied back too. The kids chatted amongst their groups.

"You don't have to be shy with me. I like freaks," I heard a boy speak. My body stiffened, as he used the word 'freak' since I could remember I hated the word, because people would call me freak and they feared me because they didn't understand me.

I was lost in thought as I didn't even know Matt had stood up from his seat, and started to walk towards the boy. "Asshole. Before I make you," I had heard the back end of the conversation. I quickly turn in my seat to see both of the lads squaring off at one another.

"Sit down," I said in my stern teacher voice, both of the boys looked in my direction, but I had stood up now. But out of no where, Kyle - who I had now seen his face - had pushed Matt, and Matt pushed back, giving him a warning. But Kyle drew his fist and punched Matt square in the face. They stated to squabble and push each other around.

"Enough! I shout at them and over the excited kids who were seeing a fight. They had suddenly stopped and looked at me, my authority was being noticed now. "Both of you sit back down!" My voice strong as they broke apart, Matt came back to his seat near the front, whipping blood that ran down his face.

"Slut!" I had heard Kyle say. I turned quickly to look at him, as he lifted from leaning over to look at the girl who had her hood up. He could see me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Kyle," I spoke sweetly, like I wasn't going to shout at him. He stared at me while everyone else was looking at us both. "Dentition all week," I said in a beat, his eyes widening.

"You can't do that," he replied quickly, shooting me a dark gaze as the students around started to chuckle slightly.

"Correction. I can," I said, taking a few steps forward. "It's dentition or be expelled. Your choice," I raised my eyebrow at him, knowing that my expression was true and it could happen. He huffs loudly before turning around and going back to his seat.

I look to the girl to my left, her eyes traveled with Kyle for a moment before she noticed I was looking at her. "You alright?" I said with a gentle tone, as she just gave me a nod of her head, before looking back to the window. Her hood covering her hair, and her face darkened as the light wasn't getting to her.

I felt sorry for her, she shouldn't be called names at all. Stupid teenage boys, making girls feel weak and think they cannot achieve anything, but they were wrong. We could do the same as they could, even better.

My gaze left the girl as I moved back to my seat. I stood beside Matt's row. "Matt let me see," I said, my voice smooth, his face turned slowly to look up at me. His left eye had bruised ever so quickly. I frowned in sadness for him, he did the right thing though. My hand went to his eye, he winched at my touch but only a little, as I turned his head slightly to have a full look. "Go to the nurses office, when you get to school," my hand dropped from his face as he just gave me a nod, before looking back forward.

I smiled wearily at him but he didn't see. However, I felt my stomach churn and flip, a cold shiver went down my spine, and I could I could sense eyes burning into the back of my skull. I turn in a normal pace to look behind, and once I did. I could see the eyes of the girl who wore the hood.

I believe I had her for a few lessons, she was quite and kept to herself. But she seemed like a caring girl, who thought of others before herself.

Rachel Roth...

Was her name...