Chapter Twenty-Four: Koriand'r

Dick kept track of Kory's whereabouts on Wonder-girls phone, still needing to know her name. We've been driving not that long, but I was kind of nervous around Wonder-girl, she was very powerful, clearly she knocked out Kory.

"She's about a mile ahead of us," her voice rang in my eyes, making me snap back into the car.

"Stay out of sight," Dick told her, but I think she knew what she was doing. "Where the hell is she going?" Dick wonders, but my guess would be, finding something of her past.

"I'm sorry I was right about your friend wanting to kill Rachel," Wonder-girl states to Dick.

"You weren't. Kory's not a killer," he replied back his gaze going to her for a moment. "She kills people sometimes, but none of this makes sense. Kory loves Rachel. She's done nothing but try to help her... What we saw back there... Wasn't the real Kory," Dick states, as he hand the truth to Wonder-girl.

"He's right. You should have seen her face she was mortified when you told her she tried killing Rachel," I told them both, leaning forward from the middle seat. I see Wonder-girls eyes glance over to mine.

"Who are you?" She asks, making me turn my head to look at her.

"I'm Vanessa," I told her, my eyes burning into the side of her face, but in a good way...

"Oh, I'm Donna. Donna Troy," she replies, smiling as she looks at me for a moment.

"Nice to meet you," I state, she was very friendly towards me, which was kind of weird, when you meet a new person.

"You're sleeping with her, aren't you?" Donna asks after a moment of silence, her head twisting to look at Dick. "You're making too many excuses for her. And you have a thing for dangerous women," Donna carried on, making me chuckle softly to myself.

"'Dangerous women,'" Dick scoffs at the thought of it.

"Except for Dawn. You fucked that up," Donna states her eyes on the road. I knew Dick and Dawn had a thing, but I really never asked about it as it was his past.

"Can you just drive, please?" Dick replies as he no longer wants to talk about the past. I stay silent in the back, thinking of what Kory might be going through, but I had no idea what she might be going through right now and it kind of killed me. She was always there for us, and it's time for me to be there for her...

*********

Time passed, we stayed out of sight from Kory and followed her all the way too an abandon factory of some kind. Donna comes up the dirt path and we see Kory get out of the truck, and head for the door. Within moments, Donna had parked along side of the truck as Kory turns around and looks at us as we all exited the car. I left my book within the car, as I didn't need it at this moment in time...

"Who is she?" Kory spoke her eyes on Donna.

"I'm the person who knocked you out," she replies smugly to her.

"Bet you can't do it twice," Kory retorted back with a smug look of her own. We came to a stop in front of Kory as I stood in the middle of Donna and Dick.

"Kory, whatever this is you're going through, please, let us help," Dick offered our help to Kory because she was always here for us if we needed it and it was time for us to help her.

"I don't need your help," she states turning around and took a step forward but stops. I see her place her hands on her head like she was gaining new information.

"You're getting your memories back," I told her, as she nodded her head a bit.

"Yeah," she replied turning around to face us, once again. "But nothing makes sense. I can't make order to anything. All I know is I tried to kill a girl I love and I don't know why," Kory's voice was sincere, she had no clue. The burning on my cheek had stopped and weirdly enough the red marks were no longer there like they vanished. Kory turns back to face the building, seeing that the door had chains around the door. "But the answer is in here," she was so sure. She walks forward and grabs the chain and yanks it down, effortlessly breaking the chain. She pulls one door open and swings the other in and she walks in. Donna, Dick, and I, didn't waste any time and followed Kory into the building, she guiding us further in.