Chapter Twenty-Six: Reasons

The bright light faded, and I was no longer at the house. I was stood in the middle of my garden. The porch light was on, alerting people that who lived inside was still up. Night was upon me, the stars shined brightly above, the cool crisp air wrapped around me like a blanket, as the wind sways in the trees. Why was I here? I meant to find Rachel and Gar. Suddenly, I could feel drops of rain fall from the sky, one at a time. My head looks up to the sky, as more droplets of rain began to pour from the heavens. But I could hear foot-steps come from behind, and to my surprise was a woman carrying a woven basket. I could not see this woman due to her wearing a cloak that covered her body and her face. A baby's cry came from the baskets as the rain was now heavy, wetting the woman and myself.

"No, it can't be," I whispered to myself, the woman passes me and heads up the steps to the porch. I followed behind, she places the basket on the ground as the baby's cry softened and became quite.

"You are loved, my sweet girl," the woman spoke, her voice like an angle. Soft and sweet, but also held a motherly tone to it, while she crouches to the baby's level. "Your Father was a great man, he loved you as much as I. One day you will find the truth about who you are," she states to baby me. I come to stand at the side, facing both the baby and her. I see she pulls a book from her cloak - the book I currently have. She places it in the basket next to the baby, she places a long, loving kiss on her forehead. Tears began to swell in my eyes as this was the night I was left. "When that day comes, you will understand the gifts you possess. Light and the darkness are within us all. But it is up to you - my darling daughter, to choose the right path," my biological mother spoke. But I see her lift her cloak once again, and a white envelope with 'Angelica' was wrote on it. The word fancy and elegant as it was my true name. Tears ran down my cheeks as this was over overwhelming...

"Hoc autem litteris atque incolumem custodiat" she spoke while placing it on the book. Once the envelope was sat on the cover, it began to seep into it like it was being absorbed. Within moments, the envelope was gone. "Goodbye, my angel," she spoke in a soft tone, but it was hurt. She leans down one last time to kiss the head of baby me and quickly stands to her feet. Rushing down the porch steps and into the rain, I watch her go not stopping her as more tears ran down my cheeks, dropping to the porch. She stops at the end of the path, looking back at the house, before she flicks her wrist around and a bring pinkish light generated from her hand and covered her whole body, like she was just striked with lightening. I blinked for a moment, but as the light faded, she was gone. And baby me began to cry loudly, louder than the rain that fell.

I inhaled sharply, as pain shot through my whole body. It wasn't physical, it was emotional. I fell to my knees dropping to the side of baby me. I sobbed my eyes out, as this isn't what I wanted to do to see, but deep down they loved me. My biological parents loved me. But why give me up? Was it too protect me? There was still some many unanswered questions, but the book was the link. Just then, a blinding white light engulfed me, sending me on my way...

.....................

The light faded and I stood in the house I was meant to be in. I was in the main room of the house, tears had strained my cheeks as I felt the water. I blinked and shook my head as it felt woozy, but my gaze wondered near the fireplace to see everyone I came in with was standing there like lemons.

"Guys?" I ask in steady manner, creeping closer to them, but they didn't response.

"How fascinating," a strong male voice came into play from the side of me, making me spin around like a gun had just been shot. His eyes burned into me, like I was a projected that he couldn't find out. "Your heart and mind are protected," he spoke, the words rolling off his tongue with ease as his gaze was tightly on me. This was Rachel's father...