Chapter Fourteen: The Doom Patrol (Two)

(Outfit Reminder)

(Outfit Reminder)

I had stayed upstairs as Rachel went to the basement to see what was happening. I told her to be careful, not to get involved on what they were doing. I pace around in the dining room, it felt like I was pacing for hours before everyone had came back up. Rachel had a smile on her face, and I know she had helped them with their new patient. The Chief wanted to speak to Rachel alone, with the rest and I was sort of cast out.

I had gone upstairs, looking around taking in the house. Viewing pictures of everyone's past who lived here, making me smile, as they were all family now. I had lost myself of time, making me look around. Just then, lights began to flicker in the house, but my stomach growled, not because I was hungry, I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. 

"Hello?" Dick's voice echoed through the house, making me frown as if it was really him. But I rush down the stairs, hearing Rita yell get out. I came into the room, to see Dick and Kory standing there, looking at Cliff and Larry.

"Guys?" I had asked, making them cock their gazes to me, eyes widening, surprised to see me. 

"Vanessa?" Dick asks, his expression full of relief. Suddenly, a scream echoed through the house, and it came from the basement.

"Rachel," Dick states, worried for the girl. 

"Go," I spoke to him, as he rushes forward, passing me as the lights were still flickering. Cliff comes forward, but Kory shot her hand out, stopping them taking anymore steps. 

"Don't make me fight you. You don't wanna see what I really am," Larry threatens Kory, making me roll my eyes. 

"Same," Kory states as I cock my gazes to her eyes which were now green and glowing. Which made my mouth drop open, Kory had powers too. This night is just getting weirder...

"Enough, all of you," my voice was raised, but not enough to be stern. "Larry, there friends," my tone was soft to him, as he nodded his head. Just then Kory's eyes returned back to normal, as she lowered her hands, knowing that they wasn't going to fight her. Just then we all went down to the basement, and came on a landing that looked over a medical room, we see Dick and Rachel hugging, black swirls surrounded them, and some sort of purple portal had opened, but it soon closed and the black swirls vanished as well...

I watched this touching moment, as Dick did all of this just to find her and I, but I think it was mostly for her...

.............................

I stood outside the mansion, next too Dick's car. Rita, Larry, and Cliff waited for Dick, Rachel, Kory and Garth to come out as they were bringing Rachel up. My gaze shifted down to the snowy floor, just for a moment, before I heard footsteps, making me shoot my eyes up to see Dick and Rachel coming out the house first. I offered them a small smile as Kory was on their tails, I hugged my arms, as they came to stand with me. 

"Go. Go with them," Cliff's voice came soaring through the night, making me cock my head to them. "Go have a life," 

"But the Chief," Garth states, his voice worried.

"His back is broken again. We'll take care of him," Larry piped up, making my smile go wider, as though they had abilities, they were still loyal to the one who saved them. 

"He helped us, Gar. No matter what, we owe it to Chief to help him now," Rita responded, her gaze just on Gar.

"Oh, maybe you guys can come. I mean, you don't have to hide anymore," Gar replied, hoping that they would see reason and that they shouldn't be afraid of the world, but people won't change.

"It is what it is, kid,"Cliff replied, knowing that the world wasn't ready for them just yet.

"But you..." Rita began, coming forward and zipping up Garth's jacket, as I could hear her sniffles from here. "You can have more than us," Rita hands him his bag, and they embrace once another, and it was a tight loving hug. They pulled back and Larry and him do a handshake that ended with a salute. Then he moved to stand in front of Cliff, his body towering over him, but he grips his arms around his robot body, hugging him just the same.

"All right. Now get going, will ya? Green fool," Cliff said, as they departed from the hug, as they will miss him deeply. 

"Rachel, get in the car," Kory states her voice demanding. Kory opens the door, and I go in first, sitting behind Dick, and then climbed in Garth, then Rachel. Kory got in and shut the door behind her, and the engine starts and began our new adventure...

...........................

(A/N)

Hey, everyone, sorry this is so short. I couldn't think to what else to add as this was the end of the Fourth episode and didn't want to run into the Fifth one. But I hope you all are enjoying it. Updates will follow soon. Comment if you want to see anything from my Character.

-Josh(Yoshi)