Chapter Twenty-Two: Nightmare Train

The idea we had was too get on a train and go too Angela's house. Gar, Kory, and I were sat in a fancy part of the train, where a bar was placed, the cart done up. Rachel and Angela had gone to see if they could get us some seats. What remains of the day light entered the train-car with the windows it had.

"No sugar added, vegan vanilla pudding. Design to appeal to those seeking a gluten-free, low-calorie dessert. Sound healthy," Gar was reading a menu that they had to offer.

"Sounds disgusting," Kory states as she removes her hand from her head. I was sat on a couch, but it was like a long one, a small round table was in front of us all. As Kory and Gar had chairs to sit on. Just then, the train honk went off, and Kory shot her head to the right, like she was looking at something. "I'll be right back," she told us, before getting up from the chair and walking over to the bar. I lean back into the couch, my gaze was on Gar who was still reading the menu.

"You think Kory is all right?" I ask in a quite tone to Gar, but his eyes never left the menu.

"Yeah, I'm sure she's fine," the words rolled of his tongue with haste. He wasn't paying attention to what was around him. I squint my eyes and focused on the menu. Suddenly, the menu in his hand had turned invisible, but he was still holding it. He looks up from the menu, his eyes on me. "She's fine," he spoke with a serious tone. I sigh, before breaking the connection for the menu, and it reappears in his hands and he looks back down with 'awe'. "So cool," he exclaims finding what I have just done exciting. 

Within seconds, I notice Kory coming back this way, carrying three shot glasses before steadily placing them on the table in front of us.

"Reach just texted. Her and Angela got seats up front. Let's go," Gar states, now holding his phone in his hand.

"Let's not," Kory states, leaning back into her chair.

"This whole train thing sounded way funner this morning," Gar responded making me chuckle at his comment.

"Those two need some time alone, don't you think?" Kory said making me turn to look at her. 

"Kory's right, they just found each other. They need to bond," I told Gar as he nods his head slightly, agreeing what we had said.

"You wanna play a game?" He asks in a sweet manner, looking between Kory and I. But Kory chuckles softly at him, as she wasn't a woman to who plays games.

"Play with your phone," she replies, picking up a shot glass and downing the liquid in seconds, the bitter taste not bothering her.

"Sweet," Gar leans forward and grabs his phone and began playing on it.

"One for me?" I ask Kory as she met my gaze and she nodded her head. I picked up the closest one and downed the liquid inside, it sends a burning sensation down my throat but I didn't let it show. My eyes went back on Kory she seems distracted with something at the bar, as my eyes wondered over there I see a very handsome man who was wearing a suit. Maybe she'll get lucky.

I turn back to the side and noticed the book I got peeking out from Garth's bag, I asked him if I could put it in. My hands reached for the bag and grabbed the book within, holding it out as I felt the cover.

"What's that?" Kory asks, making me shoot my head up to meet her gaze on me and the book.

"A piece of my past," I told her as she looks at me weirdly. "I found out recently that my parents aren't my real parents, that I'm adopted and this was left with me," I waved the book around, showing it to her. "I think it's a spell book," I placed the book onto my lap, as I wasn't sure what's it's purpose for.