Chapter Four: Dick Grayson

The drive to Detroit was long, I had drifted in and out of sleep. To my surprise, I was lucky to get any sleep at all worrying about Rachel. It was now fully dark outside, the sky clear, stars shining from above. The bus suddenly quakes to a stop, meaning that this was the final stop and I was in Detroit. I had gathered my overnight bag, and stood from my seat, as people stood from there. I quickly rushed down the aisle to be the first one off and I was.

The night cold air greeted me as I stopped onto the pavement side, people already walking up and down. My gaze turned up and down the road, wondering where Rachel would have gone, but I had no idea. However, there's a local police station need by, I could go there and ask if they had seen Rachel. I pulled out my iPhone 7 plus, and turned on the data, then pulled up the maps and typed in 'Detroit Police Station', and it gave me the directions. My legs began to walk as I followed the map on my phone, the walk wasn't long and I would be there soon.

Hopefully that someone in the police station would know where to find her or at least seen her...

........................................

After about 20 minutes of walking, I was finally outside the Detroit Police station

After about 20 minutes of walking, I was finally outside the Detroit Police station. I stood in front looking at the sign, there were steps going down to the front door. I didn't waste any time as I rushed down the steps, clutching my bag. I swung open the door, and went inside, pass another glass doors, to see the station busy. I see the front desk and went too it, a oldish man suddenly looked up at me.

"Welcome to Detroit Police, how may I help you?" He asked with no effort in his tone of voice.

"Hey, I was wondering, have you had a girl come in here recently. Black hair with blue streaks?" I asked, pointing to my own hair just for a gesture. But he simply shook his head at me, meaning that he hadn't nor was he bothered with my query. I huffed and spin on the spot to the entrance I just came in, but a thought came to mind.

I could turn invisible and sneak around?

I look to my right to see toilet signs. I smirk to myself as I made my way to the female toilets. I pushed open the door and let it shut, before I stood in front of the mirror that held the sink below. I could feel myself turn invisible as I watch it happen in the mirror. I smiled pleased but I couldn't see it but I felt it. I turn around and open the female door and when I did it an officer came out of the men's toilets, to see the females door open magical, he looked at it strangely. But to me it looked like he was looking right at me but he was looking through me. I rushed forward letting the door close, he looked confused for a moment, before he wondered off, not giving it a second thought.

I walked passed the counter where the man I had talked too, but no one in the station could see me. I passed officers and went behind the reception to find stairs that lead up to another landing and probably the offices. I took steps lightly, making little sound as officers came down. I dodged and weaved through them before I got to the top, following a woman officer to offices down the hallway. Treading carefully, down the hallway and once I reached the end, I was greeted by rows of desks with computers and files.