Chapter Thirteen: The Doom Patrol

I dropped my arms and the force-field had came down, until it had vanished. Smoke had clouded around me, as I made my way out of the room. The blast that Rachel had made had shot open a wide hole in front of the building. Fire's burned brightly around me, as I pass down the now destroyed hallway. Within moments, I came to a halt, as a line of fire was blocking my way out, I could see the courtyard through the flames.  

I needed to get passed to find where Rachel had gone. I shot both my hands out, as two purple, flat fields of energy rose from the middle of the line of fire, and with one quick gesture in opposite direction, the fields had pushes the flames to the sides, making a little opening for me to step through. I dashed through the middle as the force-fields held back the flames, and once I was through, I dropped my hands and the fields of purple energy had grown small back to the middle of the line, as the fire had now reconnected with itself.  

As I was now in the courtyard, I took my gaze to the left, as I felt the flames from behind me grow hotter as they burned. My best bet, is that she ran through the woods near by to get away from this place. Without really thinking it through, I ran towards to the woods part, and made my way further into the woods. 

My heels stepping on twigs and branches as the snapped, but the further I got, more snow I had encounter, as it hasn't fully melted yet. With each step I took, snow flicked up from behind, and some of it, melted between my toes, making it wet. I counited to search for Rachel, but I couldn't find her anywhere. But with luck, I see two men, holding rifles coming my way, well more like running as their expressions were frightened. 

"Run! There's a green tiger!" One of the men shouts at me, as the passed, the other limping as he was shot in his leg. I had no time to ask them any questions as they carried on running away. I just frowned, as I counited to walk in the snowy woods. 

As I walk further, I see a massive house coming into view, it looked abandoned, but had no bordered windows or anything like that. But it was worth a shot...

I followed the path up to the house, and came to the door

I followed the path up to the house, and came to the door. Going invisible to enter the house was my main plan of action here, as I didn't want Rachel to run again. I could feel myself turn invisible, and I made my way around the back, to where I suppose the kitchen is. I tried the door and surprisingly it was unlocked, so I slipped inside. 

I was in a hallway, but it was all fancied up, meaning someone did live here. I heard music blurting out from the end of the hallway. I took each step with care as I reached the end, to see a man who was covered from head-to-toe in bandages, dancing to the music from the stereo. My eyes glanced behind, to see Rachel, watching the man.  But whatever the man was cooking it smells delicious.

"Hey. Wow. Show's over," A robotic voice had pulled me from my thoughts and towards where he had a robot hand on Rachel's shoulder.  

"Hmm," the man who was cooking turned to stare at the people behind him, just as the boy from the roller rink had came into the kitchen, with his green hair. The man in bandages went over to the stereo and turned the volume down. Now was my chance, I turned back visible as I pushed off the wall.