Chapter Twenty-Five: Invitation

Night dawned on us, Dick drove like crazy back to the house. But there was still awhile to go, I was praying that nothing bad had happened to Gar or Rachel because if something did. I wouldn't know if I could live with myself.

"Angela's been playing us this whole time. The Organization, the asylum, it was all about getting Rachel back," Dick explained to us, but somewhat it made sense now. We never really thought about it before, until now. How can we be so stupid and miss this. I feel Kory shift next to me, making me turn my gaze upon her.

"What are you doing?" I ask Kory as she unfolded a shirt of some kind.

"Going through her stuff," she replied, meaning she was going through Donna's clothes. 

"It says there's a way to defeat Trigon. One way," Donna spoke as she took the book from the ship, hell I didn't even notice. "His daughter," this was never good, when you hear defeat and daughter in the same sentence.

"Rachel?" Dick asks.

"Yes, but, first, she has to complete the Trials," Kory announce to us, out of the corner of my eye I see her begin to undress.

"Trials. That's this word," Donna spoke her gaze on the book, I'm surprised she could read it.

"What the hell are the Trials?" I asked, a worried tone came out as I didn't want to see Rachel hurt.

"Four hundred consecutive days of the harshest warrior training. None have ever survived it. There's no way she could possibly do--"

"If anyone could, it would be Rachel. You know her," Kory was cut off by Dick, as he was right she has overcome some much in a short period of time.

"Then we better move," I told Dick hitting the back of his seat gently, and he presses his foot down, gaining more speed. I cock my head to Kory to see that she was dressed in another outfit. How the hell did she do that. Bitchhh, needs to teach me...

I look down to my feet to see my heels, they wouldn't  do if we needed to fight. Just then, my book in my lap began to beckon me to open it up and this time I didn't fight the urge not too. I open the book and flicked through the aged pages, hoping one of them would stand out or appeal to me. Not even five-pages in I stopped at a page, there was symbols and writing in a different language. Like before the words began too shimmer and rearrange themselves until they became still and in English. The title, which was fancy like the last was 'Conjuration', but the idea of it made me frown. However, this page had no incantation to go with it, just a description. It reads: "'Conjuring is the ability to make things appear out of thin air, either if it's something small or a larger object. Larger objects will drained you more.'" I read a small portion of the description, and then it went on to explain how to use the ability.

I took a deep breath while closing my eyes. I began to concentrate on swapping my heels out for a pair of combat boots that I have at home. As I pictured the boots at magically going onto my feet, I felt a rush of power go through me, and a warmness come from my feet. I peel open my eyes to see that I was no longer wearing heels, I was wearing black combat boots.

 I peel open my eyes to see that I was no longer wearing heels, I was wearing black combat boots