Together Again?

Trigger Warning: Eating disorders. Guys, please never starve yourself. Its terrible for your physical and mental health. I know it may seem tempting, but there are much healthier ways to lose weight such as working out and having a healthy diet. Of course, you are beautiful the way you are and you don't have to lose weight if you don't want/need to :) Anyways, on with the story.

LAURENS' POV

I rushed forward and knocked loudly on the stall door.

"Alex, open up right now! That's not healthy, you know it!" I was surprised to hear my voice filled with so much concern about this boy I hadn't talked to for a while.

"Leave me alone! You know what? Ever since I started doing this, I've been happier, Laurens. Don't try to take that away from me!"

"You have not been happier, Alex! You've obviously been stressed, and starving yourself completely! You're beautiful just the way you are, you don't need to do this to yourself!" I began tearing up, but tried to hide it. "Alex, please. You don't understand how bad this is for you. For your physical and mental health." I knew he could tell I was crying.

The stall door opened and Alex stood there, looking more pale than ever.

"Why are you tearing up, John? I thought you didn't care about me anymore." He kicked the ground and paused for a moment before launching into a rant, "I thought you didn't want me anymore! I thought I meant nothing to you! How do you not understand, John? I've never felt this way about someone before! I like you a lot, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? JOHN, YOU LEFT ME! YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED ME FOR ALMOST A MONTH! A MONTH! YOU DIDN'T EVEN LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF! YOU IMMEDIATELY BELIEVED THAT B*TCH, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING YOUR BOYFRIEND ABOUT THE SITUATION! YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK FOR A MOMENT TO ASK ME ABOUT IT! AND THEN YOU LEFT ME FOR A MONTH! THAT WAS ONE OF THE DARKEST DAMN MONTHS OF MY LIFE, AND I'M FROM A PLACE WHERE GUNSHOTS ARE HEARD DAILY! SO YEAH, JOHN, I DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD CARE ABOUT MY BODY! I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH! THIS MONTH, I TURNED TO STARVING MYSELF AND MAKING MYSELF THROW UP EVERYDAY TO BE HAPPY! I WAS HURTING MYSELF TO MAKE MYSELF HAPPY! AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I STILL WANT TO DO IT! BECAUSE I'VE NEVER LOOKED BETTER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I'VE STOPPED BEING BULLIED! I'VE STOPPED BEING TORMENTED LIKE I WAS DAILY FOR NEARLY 18 YEARS OF MY LIFE!"

Me and Alexander stared at each other for a minute, and I started to full on sob as I whispered a quick "I'm so sorry!"

"GOD, WHAT'S EVEN MORE ANNOYING IS THAT I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW AND I STILL WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH YOU, YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD!" And with that he lunged forward into my arms and knocked me to the ground, we were kissing the whole time.

We stayed like that for a long time, kissing and hugging and crying and kissing some more on the nasty bathroom floor. (A/N: they're emotionally unstable cinnamon rolls) The bell rang for 7th period but we ignored it and stayed there, praying no one would come in and ruin this moment.

It had probably been about 15 minutes of this wildly emotional display when two boys quickly ran through the doorway, cheeks red and holding hands. Their romantic tension faded quickly between them when they saw us already making out on the bathroom floor. They tried to sneak out, but we had already sat up and made very awkward eye contact contact with them.

"Oh.... Howdy y'all.." I laughed nervously.

"Oh Howdddyyy y'alll. You have quite the accent there, Jackyyy." Mocked Alex in an overdramatic southern accent.

"Ew." Was all Hercules said.

"Oh mon dieu! You two are back together! I knew this day would come! Oh I'm so happy!" Lafayette began bouncing up and down excitedly. "Va faire l'amour maintenant!" Lafayette smirked.

"Casse toi, baguette." Alex rolled his eyes.

"Whaaat? You know it's gonna happen soon, Alexandere!" Lafayette wiggled his eyebrows.

"Soo uhhh... could we get some privacy?" I asked, glancing over at Alex to see that he was blushing.

"No, we want to watch." Said Herc, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Lafayette looked very embarrassed and grabbed Hercules' hand again.

"Off to another bathroom!" I heard Lafayette say in the hallway.

Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me down to the ground again.

"So where were we?" He smirked at me.

ALEXANDER'S POV

John and I have been happily together for a month now. It's December, nearly winter break. John is staying the night at me, Laff, and Herc's house. We were all sitting on the floor together talking as John strummed Christmas songs on his guitar.

"So... am I going to get to meet your family on Christmas?" I asked John as I painted Lafayette's nails light pink.

He stopped strumming and looked up at me. "Oh... uh.. there's something I haven't told you, Alex."

A thousand worries flashed through my mind, the most prominent one being that his parents were dead and somehow I didn't know. That would explain why he never talked about them. But what came out of his mouth next didn't even occur to me.

"My parents are super homophobic..." He sighed and tried to smooth over the depressing moment by going back to strumming his guitar.

"What? So they don't even know we're dating?" I wasn't angry, just surprised.

Mulligan looked up from his sewing. It was a dress that 1. looked suspiciously like the French flag and 2. looked suspiciously like the perfect size for Laff. "They don't even know Laff and I are dating?" He crinkled his eyebrows. "Or Thomas and James? Or Maria and Angie? Do they even know these people exist?"

"Yeah, of course! Well.. they know you're my friends. They don't know that any of you are dating. And yes, they know I'm gay but we never bring it up and if I do they yell at me to get out of the house. One time I didn't go back for two weeks..." I could tell John had felt that he had overshared so I saved him from feeling awkward by giving him a kiss.

"That sucks, babe." I put my arm around him and watched the snow fall outside the large window of the apartment. "If it's alright with Herc and Laff, you could move in with us. I have space in my room for another bed...Or we could share a bed." I winked playfully.

John smiled excitedly. "You're right! I could!" He turned to Hercules. "Well, could I?"

"Sure." Hercules smiled. "But you have to promise that your parents will never show up here. I'm homophobicophobic."

We all chuckled sarcastically at Hercules' terrible joke. The snow was falling outside peacefully, the fire was cracking merrily, John was playing cheerful music, and I went back to painting Laff's nails. All seemed right in the world. Nothing even hinted at what was to come...